Author Topic: Swift Reliant Scopes - please share your experience  (Read 748 times)

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Swift Reliant Scopes - please share your experience
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »
Want a fixed 4x for a 30-06 NEF. Have been pleased with the Swift 4x pistol scope out on the end of my Benjamin pump "chipmunk stalkin" gun. Like the price point of the Swift Reliant in 4x40 and 4x32 compact. Did a search here on Swift scope reviews and did not see a whole lot of luvin, but the posts were 5-7 years old.  

Are current opinions of Swift Reliant (lower end) scopes any better or worse than 5 years ago?
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline anweis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Swift Reliant Scopes - please share your experience
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:28 AM »
I can't help, sorry. I did own a Swift Premier 2-7x40. It was bright, sharp, and sturdy. Overall excellent scope. I did give it away, because it had only 3" of eye relief.
You want to make sure that the Reliants have eneough eye relief for your need.
As far as this model scope that you mention, years ago i looked through one and i found it sharp and bright; i can't say how it would work in low light hunting. However, over the years i looked over many 4x32 scopes in the lower price range, and hunted with a $50 Cabelas Pine Ridge 4x32 for a year. My opinion is that if you are on a budget, it is better to purchase a fixed power low power scope rather than a zoom. Zooms have more lenses in them and poorer image compared to their fixed power brethren; they also may break loose mor einternal parts.
Good luck with your purchase. The worse thing that could happed would be that in the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes of legal shooting hours you may not see those critters very clearly, but that is why you should have binoculars anyway.
I am in the market for a fixed power scope of the 4x32 flavor, but i will likely purchase a Zeiss Conquest. Last summer they were on sale for $269.