Author Topic: .243 Brass  (Read 536 times)

Offline possum6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
.243 Brass
« on: December 12, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
I'm thinking since I have to F/L size my brass for my 243 Handi, couldn't I just load my new brass like a once-fired brass with the same result's?
I believe everything that happen's, or will happen,was created, or created in the future, GOD knew and created from the very beginning of the foundation of the universe.       Dale

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
Re: .243 Brass
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
Not if your into consistancy, new brass is made to factory spec tolerance, that means it's +/- size within a given range. Once fired, form's itself to your chamber. Now new brass has to be fired anyways to form, but, I will FL size any new brass I get before I load and fire the first time just to make them all the same as my die and rifle.
Others milage may very,,
 Our local sporting goods store (the only one that stocks re-loading goods) has about 6 guy's that reload and are available for ?'s, I can get 3 different views on just about any topic I ask about loading
found elsewhere

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 01:13:21 PM »
I pretty much NEVER resize new bottle neck brass before loading the first time unless there is obvious damage done to them that requires it. I often get as good or better accuracy from them that way than after sizing them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline huntducks

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »
I pretty much NEVER resize new bottle neck brass before loading the first time unless there is obvious damage done to them that requires it. I often get as good or better accuracy from them that way than after sizing them.

+1 same here.
Remember it's where the first bullet goes out of a cold barrel that counts most.

Offline possum6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »
What the heck, done sized them, I'll learn alway's wait on several opinion's. I thought since that one Handi wouldn't take neck-sizing that sizing to my die would help accuracy. Reloading is alway's try and error, mostly error on my part.
I believe everything that happen's, or will happen,was created, or created in the future, GOD knew and created from the very beginning of the foundation of the universe.       Dale

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »
I don't resize new brass either...don't see much difference at all between new and once fired...but then again...I usually can't shoot minute-of-broadside of barn either.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
I'm still gonna do mine,,it's not that much effort. I'm not doing 100's of rounds,,(yet)
found elsewhere