Author Topic: H&r turkey barrel..Need help  (Read 696 times)

Offline chrmayo

• Trade Count: (1)
H&r turkey barrel..Need help
« on: December 13, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »
Hello all I am new to the site and new to h&r and nefs. I recently traded for an sb2 25.06 and am wanting to pick up another barrel.
I have seen the turkey gun on their website with the 24" barrel and screw in chokes that shoots 3.5. I am wanting this barrrel for my
gun. There are 4 listed in the turkey/goose barrels on the barrel accessory program. They say mod. extended choke. Is the same barrel? I am looking for the model number on the barrel I am wanting. Thanks

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: H&r turkey barrel..Need help
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »
Welcome!

The barrel you are looking for is - T98-TK2 12 Ga., 24" Turkey, Extra-Full .

I had this same gun and was very impressed with it. It threw the best pattern I've ever seen
from a turkey gun at 40 yards with 3 1/2" Remington Nitro #5 shot. I leveled a turkey with it 3 years ago at 20 yards. The only reason I got rid of it
was because of a bad shoulder on my end. I stepped down to a Pardner 20 gauge. You won't be disappointed with this barrel.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline chrmayo

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
Double......Is this barrel screw in chokes?

Offline RangerJ

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
Yes that barrel takes screw in choke tubes. You will not regret getting one.Mine throughs a good pattern out to 45yds using Winchester supreme 3 1/2'' #6 turkey loads.

Offline chrmayo

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 03:23:52 PM »
Ranger....Are you using the factory choke tube?  Also will these guns also shoot a 3inch shell?

Offline RangerJ

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
Yes I used the factory choke tube to pattern mine. Yes you can shoot 3'' shells through these as well as 2 3/4''. Nother thing you may wanna keep in mind if you dont already know is the H&R's use the Mosseberg Accuchoke, Winchester Winchoke, and the Browning Invector choke tubes. This gives you alot of different choke tubes that you can buy and play around with to find what suits your needs the best. As for me I am gonna stick with the factory choke for now with the ammo I have got until after our spring turkey season.

Offline chrmayo

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »
I want to get this gun set up for this spring. Are you using the factory single bead or do you have something else added to yours?

Offline RangerJ

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 02:28:24 AM »
On the one I had I used the factory choke and bead and they worked great. The pattern was so good I never saw a need to go buy an aftermarket turkey choke.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline smokepole06

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »
Just put this one on in place of bead on the NEF Turkey.
TruGloŽ FatˇBead Universal Gun Sight , nice sight. Bought mine local, here is Bass Pro item number:

38-889-311-00 

That one is Green, it comes in Red, but figure that may blend in with Turkey Head.