Author Topic: Osprey International 6-24 x 50mm  (Read 486 times)

Offline DavOh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Osprey International 6-24 x 50mm
« on: December 13, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
A good friend of mine gave me the scope that came with his Rem. 700 SPS he bought last year.  Decided he wanted a Leupold on it(can't blame him), so this was just layin' on his shelf.

Osprey International 6-24 x 50MM Illum., mildot/rangefinding Retical

http://www.osprey-optics.com/scopes/tactical/ta62450irf.html

I've never heard of these, wondering if anyone here had any impressions of it. Seems to be one of those Bargain brands, but feels solid. Eye relief and the size of the ocular bell seems to be lacking, but otherwise not bad. Thinking of using on a budget .223 plinker/varminter I've been considering building...

Would like to learn the specs for the reticle and whatnot but cant find any docs online. Can anyone help me out?
-Davoh

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Osprey International 6-24 x 50mm
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
A solid feel does not indicate a solid scope.  Tried to look at some of the specs, figure out the price but the webpage you linked on here keeps coming up with a security certificate warning for me.  That's enough to keep me from wanting to know any more since looking at "japanese glass" (I'm betting that it's assembled in China though) isn't worth the viruses.

I bet it would make a good paperweight though.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Osprey International 6-24 x 50mm
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:29:23 AM »
I long ago quite messing with such off brand products. With optics as a rule you really do get what you pay for. I'll stick with brands I know. I'd rather pay for a quality scope than have a free clunker.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!