Author Topic: TRED BARTA FANS...or those who need some inspiration. PLEASE READ!  (Read 956 times)

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Just a reminder.
Tred Bartas "from tragedy to triumph" episode will be on versus, FRIDAY DEC 18 at 10:00 PM EST.
For those of you that dont know who he is or what has happened recently, I encourage you to watch this episode.
Here is the updated interview with him.
http://www.versuscountry.com/hunting-and-fishing-articles/Exclusive-Interview-with-Tred-Barta.aspx

I have heard the name TRED BARTA for years, I only recently found out who he is & have only seen a handful of his episodes but am very inspired by him to hunt as traditional as possible.
I have great respect for anyone who takes up the challenge of going out & hunting game, big or small, with a long bow, wooden arrows & stone points.
In my opinion, If you go out in the field with the intent to hunt traditionally with stick & string, weather you harvest an animal or not, you are still successful!
You have accomplished your goal & shouldn't have an ounce of disappointment if you don't come back with an animal because you still aren't returning empty handed, you carry with you the knowledge & memories of your experience & to me is just as rewarding.
I speak from the heart on this.

Some may not like Treds personality or style of hunting but he has more fun than you can imagine & thats what is important to him & those who look up to him as I do.

I hope allot of you watch his show & become inspired by his wisdom.

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Re: TRED BARTA FANS...or those who need some inspiration. PLEASE READ!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:51 AM »
Thanks for posting this Hunter Fishman.  I know someone who while living in Hawaii, did loose a lower limb in a falling accident, but is still very mobile to a point.  He claims disability and is waisting away, and could only wish that he could read this if it would imspire him just a bit.

Thanks again for posting this.

Jon

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:59:56 AM »
I never could make my mind up if I liked him, but he was interesting and I watched him. When one sees his problems, one's own problem don't seem so bad.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN WAS RIGHT!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:19:06 AM »
ya, tred is a bit of a goof sometimes. I was very surprised to read the negetive opinions of allot of people about him in the same thread posted elsewhere & how hes only in it for fame & himself & how he over does his T.V personality.
 Ya, It does look that way & he very well might be, but I look past that & see his true passion for what he does. It was hardest to not judge him in the last episode he did when he filmed the show from a hospital bed & you could easily tell he did this show for meer attention. talk about bad acting & over doing it. man!
Maybe they had him on some drugs or something but the reason why I became interested in him was because he does what very few people do & he has fun doing it.
Sure he does fling allot of arrows & misses quite a bit but like me I do it for the challenge, memories, experience, friendship & relaxation of just being in the outdoors. I had a oppurtunity to shoot a 4x4 muley opening day of bow season & am glad that my bow was out of reach (I was eating breakfast) because if I had shot it my season would have only been an hour or two long. all though I didnt successfuly recover my harvested trophy a few weeks into the hunt, I had so much fun this last season that it will be hard to beat.
Having 2 months to hunt, I feel like the luckiest hunter on earth. 

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »
Well for all he screws up, the man does hunting like it used to be done. He actually hunts. In today's times many don't hunt. Either a guide "leads them to the quarry" , or they set off with a super duper magnum and "shoot" the quarry.
 In this later environment truthfully skill at shooting, doping the wind, and a few charts on trajectory, along with probably a range finder, today's "hunter" is not actually "hunting" but, as I said is just "shooting". With all the technology, a good pair of binoculars, a spotting scope, and a good place to sit, is all that's required in many cases.
I know that statement is gonna make some mad, but hey! It's what I do best. Take the technology away from those folks, along with the batteries, and see what happens. Some will still make kills, some won't, and some will give up.
Anyone whom does things in front of cameras wants attention. If they didn't they would get in front of the camera. They no doubt do it for different reasons, but the end result is the same.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42:25 AM »
He a blast to watch , as to liking or not who cares ? He does take some punches .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:45:26 AM »
So true. what would todays "hunters" do without technology?
They would probably react like a teen age girl without a cell phone! :D :D :D
Come time to take a shot they would be sweating like a fat man at a cake walk! :D ;D
The only thing I carry with me that uses batteries is my cell phone & a flashlight! & neither of these are considered hunting equipment nore do I use to pursue my game. I dont use a GPS or a range finder.
I hike my butt off all year round, study maps learning the turrain & practice every shot possibility I can think of as much as possible. even shooting from my roof for those tricky angled shots.

I dont think every body who has a show is in it for fame. I would hate being famous, getting bothered for autographs all the time but I wouldnt mind having a show but it would be for the sole purpose of sharing my passion for the outdoors & getting  more people into the sport of hunting & fishing to keep this kind of thing alive.

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »
I don't want a shot, but I wouldn't mind having a well stocked cave some where in a place like Idaho, along with a cadillac insurance plan thrown in for me and the wife. She like caves too. I'm ready to drop out of society.