Author Topic: Is there a site with pics of all Lyman receiver sights?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Is there a site with pics of all Lyman receiver sights?
« on: December 14, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »
Like to know what I have on a used 94. The aperture disk is missing (the original ghost ring....lol) and I'd like to get one to see if it is me or the gun that is grouping poorly.

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is there a site with pics of all Lyman receiver sights?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »
The aperture has a standard industry thread so just buy the aperture you would like, a Target one, hunting one or even one with mulitple different size holes. Lyman still list the apertures in 1/2" dia in either target or hunting although a hunting disc should really only be 1/4" diameter.

Offline TLARbb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:35:44 AM »
I believe the Williams Gunsite apertures will fit the Lyman as well.  They have a pretty good selection available on their website.

EJ

Offline jlchucker

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 05:08:41 AM »
I believe the Williams Gunsite apertures will fit the Lyman as well.  They have a pretty good selection available on their website.

EJ

They do fit the Lyman sights.  About 6 months ago I ordered the .125 twilight arperture from Midway and put it in my Lyman 66 sight (new model Lyman).  My brother has an old Redfield receiver sight on a 1950 vintage Marlin and he tried some of my Lyman and Williams arpertures in it and they fit that model perfectly as well.

Offline madcratebuilder

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 04:40:50 AM »
There's a fellow on evil bay that makes custom apertures($11), he can do any hole size you want.  Williams, Redfield, Lyman, and Parker-Hale all use the same thread size. 

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 07:08:31 AM »
Ahhh whilst the threads may be the same the design of the actual discs varies as I found out when putting a P-H apreture, hunting 1/4" O/D disc, onto a Lyman 57 sight. The P-H disc lacked the shoulder to locate it in the Lyman windage arm so it sat crooked. So next year i will get a few Lyman apertures as at least three of my reciever sights lack them.