Author Topic: mid / full size DAO auto  (Read 675 times)

Offline Noreaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
mid / full size DAO auto
« on: December 14, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
I'd like to hear some opinions on DAK/DAO/Striker fired autos. What is your favorite and why. Glock, Sig, H&K, SR9, XD... Most of my experience is with Sig, Ruger (P94) & Glock, the Ruger SR9 looked interesting and I've heard the XD is nice.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: mid / full size DAO auto
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
The Glock's - because they fit your hand well and they just plain work.  No excuses

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline bluecow

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 01:12:35 AM »
S&W M&P bar none!  ive played with em all you mentioned except the xp.  the m&p shoots like a house afire.
Everything before BUT is B.S.

Offline Noreaster

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
Buddy of mine is on the job and was just issued an M&P. He's been on for many years and has been through a few issued guns. He commented that the M&P was the first gun he'd actually like to own.

Offline Tonk

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:49:26 PM »
My pick of most accurate is the Sigs!!! Yep, I shoot very small groups with a Sig P-226, P-229 and Sig P-239. However, I picked GLOCKS for my carry pistols as I don't need to shoot 2 inch groups at 20 yards and GLOCKS afford me the extra bit of security in not having to deal with de-cocking levers or a first shot DA pull that is over 9.5-lbs, not to mention they are heavier to carry.

The fact that all things mechanical can break or have problems, those Glocks of ours just keep pushing bullets out the muzzle no matter what type factory jacketed bullets used or my reloads for that matter. We do not shoot cast bullets out of our Glocks. I have also recorded my time in drawing the pistol and firing on the target. I am faster with the Glocks I carry and recoil is less in my hands than the other brands of pistols I have shot lately. :)

Offline gunblade

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »
I always liked the Smith & Wesson 3rd generation DAO autos, although they're not striker fired.  Also like the Kahr K40...my everyday carry gun. 

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:22:30 PM »
The first successful polymer gun, the Glock, has to be the most thoroughly tested gun in history. From the early days when the anti gunners were saying it would pass through airport security without being detected, the 100,000 round marathons, and all the FBI tests before they adopted them, Glocks keep passing all the tests thrown at them.

The XDs, MPs, and all the others might wind up being just as good, but it will be years before we really know.

For standard configuration automatics (non-striker) Sigs are pretty darn good, but I'll stick with the well proven Glocks when my life is on the line.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."