Author Topic: Lee Loader Video - Typical ? ? ?  (Read 669 times)

Offline preventec47

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Lee Loader Video - Typical ? ? ?
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/gimpsuitjones/?action=view&current=P9030076.flv

I understand the LEE die resizes the neck only and I think
I can see the guy in the video drop the bullet into the top
and jam it down with the plunger and the board.  I think
I can also see how the depth is controlled with some kind
of interference on the bullet plunger.

Offline Dezynco

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Lee Loader Video - Typical ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »
Yes, but he was working too hard using that 2x4!   ::)  I always used a nice plastic mallet or a 2x2 mallet.  You don't have to beat on them like that.  The bullet seater has an adjustment collar that allows you to change the seating depth.  The Lee Loader is a neat kit, lots of fun to load ammo.  I have a big press, but still enjoy using my Lee Loader to load 45-70's.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
Previous post is correct, that guy needs to work smarter not harder.  With straight wall cases the Lee Loader is almost as fast as a press when you get the hang of it.  I still use a couple of mine at the range to work up loads.  I take along a balance beam, some powder, etc. and establish a load without having to load a bunch at a time.  You are correct, it neck sizes only, which is not a problem unless you use the ammo in multiple firearms.
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »
I use a few Lee Loaders still, please don't judge them by the link you just posted, they are simple to use and make as accurate ammo as can be had much easier than what you just saw.  Absolutely NOT typical!!
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 01:29:06 AM »
I remember those, hard to believe they are still in use today...  NICE dimpled shoulder on that "finished" round too... I used these making shotgun shells almost 40 years ago.

I understand that they are inexpensive. I also understand better loading equipment is very expensive. But used equipment is out there and readily available for a fraction of the cost of new stuff. I don't mean to sound like I'm looking down my nose at anyone. But loading ammo isn't something that should include a hammer, blocks of wood used as a club or any kind of hammering what so ever! If you local to me here in Connecticut, PM me I maybe can help!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline MnMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 06:23:34 PM »
I have been loading for quite a few years. I bought a Lee Loader as an educational tool for my reloading classes. After working with it for a while, I can say that if the instructions are followed, it is perfectly safe and produces very accurate loads.

mike
Mike Ellestad

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »
I had ta chuckle watching this. Poor feller sure was workin hard though.
I think what the young man is showing us, is in the chance post apocoliptic world, that loading can be done with primitive tools, and a speed loading demonstration.
 Now if he would have taken justa little more time and whittled that 2x4 down a bit  ???  maybe used a good solid stump instead of a loose countertop,,  and maybe just one proper dip of the scoop,, and,,,,,,,,,
found elsewhere