Author Topic: Finally found one - 999 Sporty  (Read 910 times)

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Finally found one - 999 Sporty
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »
I stumbled into Gandermountain in Johnstown last night to burn off some time I had before going to a Christmas dinner and low 'n behold there was one of my bucket list guns in prime condition that some fool traded in.   ...I didn't have the cash on hand so I put it on lay-a-way.  Well I returned tonight to adopt my new revolver.

H&R 999 Sportsman DAO 9shot 22rf 6" barrel.  SN# B50**.   That B in bold equates to a 1941 year of birth.

These things are going for $495-$525 on Gunsamerica.com for excellent condition pieces - I paid $299.00+tax.  :)  ...6 more handguns on my bucket list to go.

RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline jim ritchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Finally found one - 999 Sporty
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
Sweet!!!
The box even looks good!
Man, you stole that one. I am so jealous!
Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 04:09:02 PM »
:)  I'm happy as a pig in mud.  :)

RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 04:23:53 AM »
I think I have one of those in the gunlocker that used to belong to my deceased father in law. I will check the model and serial number tonight. I had no idea they were worth anything. I just had another early H&R fixed for my brother in law, it would not always fire, it was a bad firing pin, well actually it was a nose on the hammer that acted as a firing pin. That one also belonged to his father. It was a different model though, with smaller grips. I am pretty sure they both date from the 40's or earlier....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »
Hi guys, I will need some help from you learned collectible H&R guys. I just checked the gunlocker. My H&R Sportsman revolver has a 2 digit serial number, that's right, under 100, and it has no letter prefix, just 2 little numbers under the grip. It says "Pat applied for" on the cylinder and ".22 Long Rifle ctg." on the right side of the barrel, and the name "H&R Sportsman" on the left side of the barrel. What do I have? Thanks for any who saw this post in this thread but I think I will start a new thread looking for info so this does not just get lost on the end of another members thread and I do not hijack his thread as well....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley