Author Topic: Unusual Colt  (Read 865 times)

Offline madcratebuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
Unusual Colt
« on: December 24, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
This Colt revolving carbine is some what rare.  I have only seen one and ended up buying it.  It's a Pietta made in 98.  I have a Pietta steel frame in my parts box.  Needs arbor repair, I may put it on this and add a conversion cylinder.

I'm starting a accumulate these revolving carbines.  I have a Remington 58 model plus a shoulder stocked 60 Army and 2nd model Dragoon.  Anyone else here into the shoulder stocked revolvers?

Offline Rebel-1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Unusual Colt
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »
Now that is sweet. You have any with cartridge conversions? I see you are in NW Orygun. I am in Roseburg. Would like to get together some time if possible and maybe do some yarnin' and shootin?

Offline madcratebuilder

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:29:03 PM »
I haven't done a conversion cylinder yet.  I would like to do a Richards-Mason conversion some day.  The new Uberti R-M conversion may be the best bet.  I have read it has a forged frame.  I have several SA center fires and haven't got all that excited about the conversion cylinder.

I'm near Portland so that's a good drive.  I think they have some black powder shoots near Eugene, sounds like a good spot to meet up.

Offline Rebel-1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
I had a Pietta Remington with an R&D .45 LC conversion. It was fun and shot good but i sold it.

Yea, if there is a shoot in Eugene that would be a good place. We usually hit the Tioga Mt Men rondy in Couquille in Aug.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
That is unusual.  Most I have seen have detachable stocks.  That one of yours looks fixed.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline madcratebuilder

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »
That is unusual.  Most I have seen have detachable stocks.  That one of yours looks fixed.

Larry

Yes, it's a fixed stock revolving carbine, similar to the Remington 58 revolving carbine.  I have learned that Pietta made these for two years, 98 and 99 and marketed them as a "Schneider & Glassick Revolving Carbine"  I assume that name because of the brass frame.  The S&G's were .36 and unfluted.  I have a thing for stocked revolvers.