Author Topic: Winchester sx2  (Read 724 times)

Offline Bucker

• Trade Count: (0)
Winchester sx2
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:07:16 AM »
I have one sitting in the basement and I have seen the cantilever slug barresl for around $400.  However I do n ot see a lot of writing on semi auto slug guns, their accuracy etc. I have also seen the sx3 for around $1,000 so someone is using them.   Is this a good rig for shooting slugs?  I will cover fields and do a lot of walking in woods and brush areas.  I want o scope it as well.  Any input is helpful, I want o do the right things here on a slug gun purchase and I do not want a bolt gun, I like quick follow up.
Please be sure to check your gun at the door.  WHAT!

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
Re: Winchester sx2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:15:05 PM »
Yes an auto can be very accurate and be a very good deer gun.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
Re: Winchester sx2
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 07:20:58 AM »
My next shotgun will be a Winchester SX3. They are very light and point easily. I don't know about a slug gun though. Not much use for one personally. I want the SX3 to shoot ducks and doves with.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!