Author Topic: Keltec's new 22 mag pistol  (Read 4001 times)

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Keltec's new 22 mag pistol
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 07:28:58 PM »
Very interesting looking little gun.  Truthfully I'd like to see a Kel-tec in this form factor chambered for .22LR more (I'm looking for a good cheap plinking pistol right now which .22LR rules - I've got an old FIE .22LR revolver but it's rather inaccurate :)).

Still, if the price is right I'd definately look at one.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54:34 AM »
Very interesting looking little gun.  Truthfully I'd like to see a Kel-tec in this form factor chambered for .22LR more (I'm looking for a good cheap plinking pistol right now which .22LR rules - I've got an old FIE .22LR revolver but it's rather inaccurate :)).

Still, if the price is right I'd definately look at one.

The price of the Kel Tec will probably come in around $350. For that money you can have your inexpensive plinking .22lr in a Ruger or Buckmark. Either one will be running when the Kel Tec is just a memory.

Just the same, I'm having second thoughts about the Kel Tec .22 mag. I just might have to get my hands on one just for grins!

Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Benaiah

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 02:01:45 PM »
@Camba- To answer your question, here is a video from the SHOT show about Keltec. A portion of it is dedicated to this very same pistol. They have a Docter Optic reflex sight attached to those four screws. Pretty cool. The video is a bit long, but it's worth it to see the pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcl-zZPvxA
I've shot many a sassy bandit with just my pistol!

Gus McRae

Offline Camba

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 08:40:56 AM »
jcn59 wrote:
"...My 6" Taurus .218 bee revolver shoots 40 grain about 1900 FPS.   No where near max load but if I load it any higher, the cylinder begins to lock up.  The 30-35 grain loads go as high as 2100 before it locks up.  Again, not max loads...."

jcn59:

I also have one of those .218bee tracker revolver in 6.5" and is one of my favorites.  I had been using bullets from 45gr to 70gr and powders from Unique to Blue Dot, Li'lGun, 2400, H4198, 680, H110, and yes.  I had reached some good velocities (2100 fps) with it but at the expense of locking up the cylinder.  So far, the best accuracy had been attained with the H4198, followed closely by the Blue Dot.  What are your reloading components and the powder charge you are using?  Do you have any data for the 45 gr bullets?

Camba

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »
just saw a price for one of these on davidsons 298.98 and comes with one mag im so going to buy one of these i love the .22 mag
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »
Just checked Williams gunsight for one. price was comparable. but they dont know when thir gonna get one.. Im gonna have to put one on order.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 08:36:41 AM »
That's not a bad price at all considering what you get.  I'm still looking forward to reading some range reports on this gun.

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »
just saw a price for one of these on davidsons 298.98 and comes with one mag im so going to buy one of these i love the .22 mag

That's not too bad.  Kinda like a poor-mans FN Five-Seven :).  Truthfully though, as far as the wishlist goes this one just isn't too far up there.  Before this I wanna replace my 1911 (recently sold mine - it jammed too often so I figured I'd cut my losses and try again), a nice big-bore single action revolver, and a nice "modern" striker fired polymer 9mm (either a S&W M&P, Ruger SR9, Springfield XD or *maybe* a Glock).

I would like to see what Kel-tec could come up with for a full-sized 9mm though.  Just take the PF-9 and extend the grip down to about the size of this gun, and take the barrel/slide out to 4.25".  Given that cost differences between various sizes of the same model from a manufacturer tend to be negligible, I'd wager that it would cost about the same as a PF-9.  I think it would be a major seller.  I'd buy one, and if it worked well I think a lot of beginners would too.

Offline Camba

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »
Beniah wrote: " @Camba- To answer your question, here is a video from the SHOT show about Keltec. A portion of it is dedicated to this very same pistol. They have a Docter Optic reflex sight attached to those four screws. Pretty cool. The video is a bit long, but it's worth it to see the pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcl-zZPvxA   "

Beniah,
Thank you for the youtube video.  That looks really promissing.  I need to get one in .22 Mag and another in .22LR, as they say they are also working on the 22LR too.  I hope the 22LR is a 30 shooter.  For target and hunting I have plenty other pistols for the job.  This is more like for plinking and fire power.

Camba