Author Topic: Rowell Bottom Pour ladle  (Read 868 times)

Offline Darrell Davis

• Trade Count: (0)
Rowell Bottom Pour ladle
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:44:06 AM »
Morn'in casters,

Just to bring something worth while to you bullet casters.

Check out the Rowell Bottom Pour ladles on the net.

They are made or sold by Advance Car Mover Co.

There are a number of sizes, including those up to the size of two man ladles, a bit big for bullet casting I suppose.

However, I have used one of the smaller versions for years and find it to be far and away better then any ladle I have used, including those by Lyman etc.

With a sizable pot on my old Colman gas stove, and this bottom pour ladle, I can cast large circles around any bottom pour pot I have ever tried or seen.

I like to cast with a buddy, and once everything is up to temp, we typically run 5 molds at one time. One person pouring and the other opening and dropping hot bullets into our quenching bucket.

This was the second session for casting with this friend, and he was making me hump to keep up with the pouring, something a bottom pour pot would have never come close to.

Two, 2 - 3 hour sessions this past week gave us over a hundred pounds of production and that included my friends slow" breakin period" during the first session

Anyway, check out the Rowell Bottom Pour Ladles.  a worthy investment for your casting system.

Keep em coming!

CDOC
300 Winmag

Offline Dezynco

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Rowell Bottom Pour ladle
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »
Wow I'll have to get a #1 and a #6,  one for hand ladling with my Waage furnace, and the big one to refine wheel weights!  Thanks for the tip!

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »
Good ideeee Dezynco!

I use a plumber ladle of about 5lb capacity for that task at present, but the bottom pour would help to asure cleaner metal.

Keep em coming!

CDOC
300 Winmag

Offline rbwillnj

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:53:35 AM »
The Rowel Bottom Pour Ladles are also offered by The Antimony Man.  Prices are a little higher, but he offers a 1lb ladle with a shorter handle.  I find it easier to control the pour with the shorter handle.

Offline flintman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
 I use mine regularly!I can't say enough good things about these lead ladles!
John 3:16