Author Topic: tasco scope trouble  (Read 646 times)

Offline kyhareraiser

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
tasco scope trouble
« on: January 06, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
 any one ever have a problem with their scopes ,by this i mean,,when you try to raise the point of impact in the direction of the arrow ,it goes the opposite direction.  i was sighting in a 22-250 with this scope on it  it's a tasco  4x16x40 world class(what's on the box anyway)  and i'd say about 50 yd's out. had the rifle in a vice and with the first bullet hole on paper i was trying to click the crosshair up from the bullseye to te bullet hole,but it was going down ,,so i had to click it down to make it go up..reckon' what the prob. was ,,,any ideas  :)
i wish i was just half the man,that my dog thinks i am

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: tasco scope trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »
I've found that problem on more than just tasco products.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline spruce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
Had the same problem with a cheap red dot - elevation and windage both worked backwards!

Can't remember for sure what brand it was, so I won't mention any names.

Offline deersniper

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
I've had that problem with a Bushnell Banner, and a Simmons scope as well. Both of them had to be adjusted backwards from the direction shown on the scope dials. Never have figured out why but both scopes zeroed well after adjusting them in the opposite direction.

Offline p15camborne

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
I had a similar problem with a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm.  Horizontal adjustment was reversed.  Cabela's refunded my money.  Still I only buy Leupold's.  Anyone can have a manufacturing error.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 03:29:50 PM »
Probably nothing wrong with your scope.  The direction on the turrets is for moving the point of impact (bullet hole) up, down, left, and right.  You reversed the procedure by moving the crosshairs to the point of impact. 

Either method will work.

Offline BruceP

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 06:29:47 AM »
I'm not going to say that scopes never get through with the adjustments backwards but in your discription then charles p is correct. The turret arrows indicate the direction the bullet will move.
I did have the same tasco scope you have several years ago. Well I had it for a few days. I mounted it on a Remington 541T .22lr. On my first 50 yrd group the first three bullets cut one hole. The fourth shot went one inch left of the group the fifth shot went one in right of the group. After about five groups or so that did the same thing by throwing two shots out of the group and giving group sizes of about 1.75 to 2 inches I put the tried and true Leupold 4X back on it and went right back to shooting the half inch groups I was use to shooting.
The Tasco went back to where I bought it.

Bruce
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.