Author Topic: What's the chance's  (Read 856 times)

Offline possum6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
What's the chance's
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
Two different bullet's. Berger 70gr.HP . Sierra 75gr.HP . Loading the same component's shouldn't they have the same POI and group?
I believe everything that happen's, or will happen,was created, or created in the future, GOD knew and created from the very beginning of the foundation of the universe.       Dale

Offline scratcherky

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Re: What's the chance's
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
If so, it would be quite a coincidence.
Don & man's best friend
Still looking at the green side of sod

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
If your very lucky and the stars are all aligned , you may get it to happen once in a lifetime   ;)

The problem is that even 2 bullets from he same company , though they have the same weight , do not have the same bearing surface , profile , alloy of core & jacket , you get the idea . You may get them to be close but the same -- NEVER .

Just changing lots of the same powder or primer can cause major shifts in both POI and group size , shoot , even the weather can cause both to change from day to day .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »
Could happen. If it does I suggest you IMMEDIATELY go buy a lottery ticket and hope you've not already used up your life time supply of luck.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »
It could happen at a certian distance but not at others also.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline shot1

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 12:40:56 PM »
My buddy had a Rem 700 24" barrel rifle in 260 Rem that would put his most accurate 120 gr Sierra bullet load and his most accurate 140 Sierra bullet load in the same hole at 100 yards. They hit different at other yardages though.

Offline gandog56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »
If so, it would be quite a coincidence.

I have a better one. My SIG P229 has both a .40 S&W barrel and a 357 SIG barrel. The first reloads I made for both calibers have the EXACT same point of impact. And both are quite accurate to the sights. Just a lucky break on my part, I guess.

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:26:48 AM »
If you stick to the same powder, case, primer and bullet brand/type, from batch to batch, is there going to be a big differnece? Like inches? Or are we talking fractions of an inch?

Example: If I always load Winchester brass, 45g Sierra Varmint, Small Pistol CCI Primer and use L'l Gun powder, how much variation should I expect?

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »
Two different bullet's. Berger 70gr.HP . Sierra 75gr.HP . Loading the same component's shouldn't they have the same POI and group?
Now how are two different bullet weights going to impact the same wirth the same peoder charge?
Also different designs will have different POI's.
150 grain Barns solid copper bullets are completly different than 150 grain (insert company) standard jacked lead soft point.

Offline possum6

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 05:44:10 PM »
It did happen ;D The two bullet's in question with a charge of 41.0 of IMR4350, Win. brass, WLR primer's, trimmed the same OAL, grouped the same at 100yds. Of course I didn't measure with caliper's or anything like that ;)
I believe everything that happen's, or will happen,was created, or created in the future, GOD knew and created from the very beginning of the foundation of the universe.       Dale

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 06:01:04 AM »
It did happen ;D The two bullet's in question with a charge of 41.0 of IMR4350, Win. brass, WLR primer's, trimmed the same OAL, grouped the same at 100yds. Of course I didn't measure with caliper's or anything like that ;)

Well done , now run out and buy that Lottery Ticket , as it looks like your stars are aligned for you .  ;D

It does happen from time to time , but don't count on it happening very often .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline possum6

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »
It did surprize me too. I thought it would be close the book showed close same velocity and the bullet weight's were close. Don't think it would help me win the lottery though ;D

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 08:24:44 AM »
Could if you shoot the ticket out of the guy who won the loter and go cash his ticket.
 ;D
Think that is the only way I could win.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 02:12:53 PM »
I get groups like that, if I can get my flinch just right!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline anweis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 01:55:50 AM »

You will not know unless you try. The odds are against it. I have a 6mm Remington which groups at about 1.5" with "mix and match" 95 gr. SST and 100 gr. RN bullets from Hornady (all else is equal), but the REmington SP 100 gr. shoot 8 inches away.