Author Topic: Muzzle loader hunters  (Read 629 times)

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Muzzle loader hunters
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:40:30 AM »
Hey guys Be careful these next few days Hunting..  I went out this Morning and I found two sheds..  So that big doe Just Might be next years Monster Buck..   I wish they would have a state wide early Muzzle loader season. would be Much more fun . I hate Snow!
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: Muzzle loader hunters
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
I know every year this late season is a toss up with the bucks shedding early.

I missed on a nice doe this afternoon with ML, well within my range but from a teepee ground blind with lots of pine trees in the way....not at all like hunting from a good ladder stand earlier in the season  :-\
I like ladder stands way better.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline BIG Dog454

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 04:20:07 AM »
Muzzle loader season was good to us this year, (and last). 4 hunters, 2 doe and 1 button buck.  We're done for the season.  2 with bow, 2 with shotgun, 3 with muzzle loader, a good year.

Offline DennyRoark

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
    • The Ohio Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:54:55 AM »
Froze my buns off this year.  Saturday at 10:00 I lowered my standard and took a nice 125# FD doe at 1:30.  Got a monster doe with ML during shotgun, went 162# FD, older than 5yrs by teeth.  Went to the cabin this morning to button it up for a while and it was -1.  It was foggy here last night and the woods was surreal. 
Denny Roark
Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)
The Second Amendment...the one that makes all the others possible
I have no problems with vegetarians...I eat them regularly-Ted Nugent
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
Thought I would go back to the scene of my miss and get it right this afternoon.  New tracks in the snow all over the place but no deer except as I walked out of the woods towards my truck and spooked two across the road from the truck!  sometimes it is just like that.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline 3006 deerslayer

• Trade Count: (18)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »
Just got back hear to Maine after being out there for the muzzle loading season and my buddy and I did very well. We both got three does each. We had a great time. Hunting was great, topped off the freezer very well after we got three each during the shotgun season. You guys have some great hunting out there. A lot different than here in Maine.