Author Topic: OK, I got a Primer pocket Uniformer  (Read 366 times)

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
OK, I got a Primer pocket Uniformer
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »
Now how do I use this thing? It's an RCBS Large that screw's into a handle. It does have an adjustable collar.
Tip's an tricks would be appreciated before I mess up 100 cases.
found elsewhere

Offline INresponse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: OK, I got a Primer pocket Uniformer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
Install it into the handle, select several of your empty, and unprimed brass and set the depth to match the deepest primer pocket.  Odds are they will be very close in depth anyways, but you get the idea.  Once set, twist it a few times in each primer pocket until it spins smoothly.  Most will spin easily, occasionally some will have a little resistance and first and will ease up as it does its job.  Practice make perfect.  Military brass with the crimped primer will take more effort.  You may want to set the depth to a commercial case and use that measurment for the military brass. 
Police Officers support the 2nd Amendment!
-Retired-

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
Not sure but I don't think you need to be setting anything, use the one for large rifle on large rifle and the one for large pistol on large pistol, that's why they make both.  The RCBS uniformers that I have are properly adjusted out of the package.  The adjustments are there for ease of manufacturing, not to be diddled with by the customer but I have been wrong before.
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline 84Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
Unless something has changed recently, the screw is sweated on or fixed in some other way so it won't come loose.  Believe me, I tried to get one loose and couldn't.  Why?  I thought that it was taking out too much brass from the pocket. 

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:26:31 PM »
 I finally found instructions on the RCBS site,,it's in with a kit, don't list it by itself except for sale.
They say it's factory preset so I guess I won't diddle with it. Won't really have a chance to use it till later in the week,,I'll come back and let ya know how it worked
found elsewhere