Author Topic: Shipping parts to Canada  (Read 546 times)

Offline no second shot

• Trade Count: (0)
Shipping parts to Canada
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »
What are the rules and or issues with shipping barrels and other parts to Canada?

I am in Alberta and am just getting into H&R's and wondered if i can buy barrells and other parts off the site and have them shipped to me or does that make me a terrorist  ;)

no second shot
No Second Shot

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Shipping parts to Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:11:23 AM »
Not a problem for non-dealers for parts other than a frame/receiver, dealers can't send parts without an export license, but us mortals can. Brownell's will send stocks, dunno about other parts. ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline no second shot

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:16:30 AM »
thanks Tim...your knowledge on this site is extremly helpful, I'll be all tricked out with H&R's in not time...however i seem to think my wife is not going to like you much... ;D
No Second Shot

Offline 300HH

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:27:43 AM »
Yeah I was wondering about getting parts up to Alberta also, I bought some fiber-optic sights from Brownells and they got here OK it just took a while.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »
thanks Tim...your knowledge on this site is extremly helpful, I'll be all tricked out with H&R's in not time...however i seem to think my wife is not going to like you much... ;D

My wife loves him.....she's getting her own Handis ;)  She's going with me to a shoot in July and can't wait to for the snow to clear out so she can get out and practice.  She shoots the pants off me ??? ::)

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Yak Angler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
Yeah I was wondering about getting parts up to Alberta also, I bought some fiber-optic sights from Brownells and they got here OK it just took a while.

How long did you have to wait? The have some sights i will need to order soon too

Offline Manitobahunter

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »
  I've had a barrel, stock and peep sight come from different guys here and haven't had any trouble.  Usually takes about 2 weeks to get things in my hands.

Cliff
Shoot straight

Offline 300HH

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 07:05:50 AM »
]
[/quote]

How long did you have to wait? The have some sights i will need to order soon too
[/quote]

As I remember it took 3 week something to do with customs clearance

Offline Yak Angler

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
Thats not too horrible i will try them out if i can't source what i need locally, im off to the local gun shop tomorrow to see what they can get for me.

Offline Manitobahunter

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »
Adam R, check out Western Gun Parts in Edmonton.  I've gotten parts from them before.  Seem to have just about any thing you need.

Cliff
Shoot straight

Offline Yak Angler

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 04:37:41 AM »
Thanks Cliff,

I will be giving them a call forsure,  looks like they might be just the ticket for the do-it-yourself gun tinkerer up here north of the border.

Offline Austin1

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 05:37:20 AM »
What are the rules and or issues with shipping barrels and other parts to Canada?

I am in Alberta and am just getting into H&R's and wondered if i can buy barrells and other parts off the site and have them shipped to me or does that make me a terrorist  ;)

no second shot
I have ordered stuff from Brownell's and they sent it as machine parts? Just some springs and Hi Power parts. Western gun or Marstar are good places to get stuff from in Canada.
Walk softly and carry a big gun!