Author Topic: Walmart prices?  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
Re: Walmart prices?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:37:57 AM »
he may be referring to the fact that alot, if not most of walmarts inventory is chinese made, but in that case dont worry it gets back to the U.S. ....we have to borrow that money from somebody  ;)

Offline Uncle Harry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
Globally, schmobally.....the mom & pop store owners LIVE here AND spend their money here and really don't give a hoot about Wally's stockholders.

Who would you rather support, big investment firms or your neighbor?

Offline Uncle Harry

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:03 AM »
he may be referring to the fact that alot, if not most of walmarts inventory is chinese made, but in that case dont worry it gets back to the U.S. ....we have to borrow that money from somebody  ;)

Nope-just talking about supporting local business who turn over their dollars locally as opposed to sending it to Bentonville for distribution to shareholders. Nothing against Wally or investment firms or the global economy.  I'd just rather spend my money supporting my neighbor's businesses.

Hey, but that's just silly old me.......

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
Local guy. Orders guns from national level distributor and pays 1 local employee.

Walmart. Orders guns from same national level distributor and pays 8 local employees.

My reason for supporting the local guy is different. The owner is also the local politician, and though they spend less time in the store, they spend more time representing causes that I believe in. I view buying ammo there (that they bought from Walmart and repriced) as a political contribution.

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 05:15:09 PM »
Just occured to me, what about all the local employees of Walmart? Not worth keeping them in their jobs?

Offline kite

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »
Just occured to me, what about all the local employees of Walmart? Not worth keeping them in their jobs?

When Wally's opened here they stripped competent and experienced employees from the local brick and mortar stores.  I remember going into Wally's when there was someone in every aisle to answer questions and find your goodies.  When it came time to checkout there were folks ASKING to check you out.  No waiting, ever.  

Today, if you can find one to ask an associate a question (unless it's the paint dept) they've been on the job for 3 days and have utterly no clue.  Might as well buy a lawn chair while trying to check out, 8 to 12 customers deep. Someone with food stamps or WIC in line (no slam implied, just takes a long time) and ya might as well buy a book.  

So I'm wondering where did all those nice folks that Wally's ripped form now closed down stores go?

Hey, just sayin...
Steve

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 09:26:02 PM »
So I'm wondering where did all those nice folks that Wally's ripped form now closed down stores go?

You mean wally world goes out and drafts people from local stores? I did not know that!

Might as well buy a lawn chair while trying to check out, 8 to 12 customers deep

Wouldn't that mean that someone is actually shopping for the cheap priced product? Stuff they can afford on the limitd incomes of the day? Crazyness I say!

I love the old MOM and Pop stores. Wife works at one of the original General stores. You can buy plumbing, hardware, fresh cooked meals, play pool, or buy gas. It's a great little store, over 110 years old. But for major shopping we do go to town.

Lonny

Lonny

Offline kite

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
Might as well buy a lawn chair while trying to check out, 8 to 12 customers deep

Wouldn't that mean that someone is actually shopping for the cheap priced product? Stuff they can afford on the limitd incomes of the day? Crazyness I say!  Lonny

Well of course you're right, as you can tell I was in that line!  The price they had on WWB 9mm and Fed 223 was to good to pass up.  LOL
Steve