Author Topic: That stupid, sick feeling... (Updated: Now known as RCBS Rocks!!!)  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Elkoholic

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
It all began about 6-8 months ago, I traded a barrel for a bull barrel 223.  Didn't fit the frame good, so thought I'd save it for a project later in the fall or winter.  A couple weeks later  I was at a Cabela's that's about 2 hours away and picked up some brass and RCBS dies.  Took everything home and put them with my other reloading supplies.   Finally fit the barrel a month ago (my first!) Fit's great, locks up tight - truly easier than I thought it would be.  

Today, I decide to get everything out and workup a load or two.  Open the case to the RCBS dies and there's only 1 die - the bullet seater.  No resizing die.   Now I realize they're only $30 bucks. But I'm careful to scrimp and save for all my guns, and reloading supplies and gear. I buy everything at the best price possible.  So I feel like an idiot - why didn't I just pop open the case when I set it with the others???  I have no idea where the receipt is, and besides, it's been 6+ months.  

Where's the rolaids!!    :'( :'(

Do I feel better now that I've vented?  Eh - not much!!   But I am happy I fit my first barrel!!!

One of those days!   Thanks to Graybeard for such a great site!!   You guys are great!

Mike

*** Rec'd message from RCBS today ***
Current Handi's: 17 HMR, 270 Ultra Comp, 223 Bull Barrel.
Barrel wish List: 22 Hornet, 7-08, 30-30, 357 Mag, 45 Long Colt for starters.   Oh, and 35 Whelen too!
Donations gladly accepted!!

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
Re: That stupid, sick feeling...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
Ouch!! That hurts. :(

Don't know what to say man, uh er glad it wasn't me......

Hope that's your bad deal for the year and all the rest are better.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline Chas.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »
There's something to be said for using credit cards.  I'd take the box with the one die back and just explain what happened.  They might help you out, like maybe a discount on another set. 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 12:37:27 PM »
I'd contact RCBS, they're real good about standing behind their products regardless of the circumstances, they may just send you the sizer die since you paid for a set, be honest and tell em the whole story, hope for the best.  ;)

Tim

http://www.rcbs.com/general/contactinfo.aspx

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MS Mule

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »
I'd contact RCBS, they're real good about standing behind their products regardless of the circumstances, they may just send you the sizer die since you paid for a set, be honest and tell em the whole story, hope for the best.  ;)

Tim

http://www.rcbs.com/general/contactinfo.aspx

Ditto on what Tim said. I bought all the reloading equipment from an estate sale. Over 30 sets of dies most of them RCBS. Some missing seater plugs and expander buttons some the whole decapping expander unit gone. 1010 scales were missing decals and the powder hopper had detached from the Uniflow powder measure. I called RCBS customer service told them what I had and how I got it. They sent me all the die parts postpaid no expense to me and told me where to ship the scales and the powder meaure. A Few weeks later they came back fully reconditioned. They even put new guts in the powder measure. Great products from a great company. I'll bet they will send you a new die.. Just make the call.

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »
You might also try contacting Cabela's and explain the situation. They are usually
real good about making things right with the customer.

Robert

Offline teddybaham

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 02:03:17 PM »
You might also try contacting Cabela's and explain the situation. They are usually
real good about making things right with the customer.

Robert

not the one here in gonzales, LA good luck with that , better get rcbs on the phone there good ppl
what part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand???

Offline fatoldfool

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 02:45:43 PM »
That is really bad. Whatever you do always check dies when they are delivered or picked up.  It is a cold hard fact that people steal dies out of stores, off of gun show tables, and probably anywhere else they can grab them.  I certainly would try the RCBS route, they seem to have exemplary customer service.
Will Rogers said, " If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where they go."

Offline Bayou Stalker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
Just think, I bought a .223 die set at that Cabelas 6 months ago and it came with an extra sizing die.  It was a great day.

Just kidding.   ;D
Kendall

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one this kind of stuff happens to......... >:(
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline mrloring

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 08:38:18 AM »
I would call RCBS.  I bought some reloading stuff from an estate sale and the powder measure was missing parts, called RCBS told them I bought it second hand and would like to order the missing parts.  They mailed them for free.  I emailed them just before Christmas about the decapping stem on my second hand 45 ACP dies.  Somehow a stray primer ended up in a piece of brass and I broke the pin and bent the stem. They mailed out a new stem and 5 replacement pins, no charge.

Offline Elkoholic

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: That stupid, sick feeling... (Updated: Now known as RCBS Rocks!!!)
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »
2/4/10 - received reply from RCBS today. 

They are shipping a new resizing die to me. - no charge!!   ;D
That's what I call awesome customer service!!   
Thanks to all you guys who encouraged me to contact them.
- Mike

Current Handi's: 17 HMR, 270 Ultra Comp, 223 Bull Barrel.
Barrel wish List: 22 Hornet, 7-08, 30-30, 357 Mag, 45 Long Colt for starters.   Oh, and 35 Whelen too!
Donations gladly accepted!!

Offline aflineman

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 07:02:13 PM »
2/4/10 - received reply from RCBS today. 

They are shipping a new resizing die to me. - no charge!!   ;D
That's what I call awesome customer service!!   
Thanks to all you guys who encouraged me to contact them.
- Mike

That is great. Darn good customer service!
Have lights? Thank a Lineman!

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »
I'am about 54 miles from RCBS and have been going there for service over the yrs. They have replaced a 10-10 scale for me. Took a Green Machine (many years ago) in that was nothing but trouble. Jay Flores (now deceased) use to give me a bad time everytime I went in, but with the Green Machine he said it was a bad idea for RCBS. He replaced it with a new 4x4, new dies included, just had to put my name and phone # on complaint sheet and he would fill in the rest. Had probs with the with the 4x4. Found out it was center drilled on top off center. New 4x4 and dies at my door in 4 days. Have called for part I broke or lost, they said it would be in the mail next working day, no charge. Its just a little hard to beat cust. svc. like that.

Gun Runner

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 02:20:26 AM »
Well you guys certainly made up my mind.  I'm just getting into reloading......and I'm gonna go RCBS all the way.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 04:30:53 AM »
RCBS and Lyman are at the opposite ends of the universe as far as customer service is concerned. Kinda like T/C and H&R...lol

Offline aromakr

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »
Gun Runner:
I totally agree with you about RCBS. I use to live in the Central Valley, My best friend went to Lassen Gun Smith school with the smith at RCBS. I can't tell you how many hours we spent in their underground 100 yds range testing loads, at no charge, of course this was when Fred Huntington and Jr. were there.
Bob

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 12:18:41 PM »

Reddung has good service also.I bent decapping And ball. Call them
 had Credit card ready, sent new on the spot. All had to do is give address/
 Marv.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
Same for Hornady, I bent a spindle(decapping rod) using it to remove a stuck case  ::),  called to order a new one, she said they would send it free of charge even after I told her it was totally my fault, got it in the mail two days later.  8)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline D Crockett

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:37 PM »
RCBS and Dillon both rock in my book I have broke something I own made by RCBS or Dillon both give them a call and got the part I need free of charge it is hard to beat that kind of customer service D Crockett

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
Aromakr, My Gunsmith is Jack R Huntington, which is Freds grandson if I remember right. Nothing but top notch work.

Gun Runner