Author Topic: Alliant New Powders  (Read 667 times)

Offline roper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Alliant New Powders
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »
Just copied this from another site

Power Pro™ Series
Introducing Power Pro™ - a series of canister spherical powders engineered to provide the ultimate performance for pistol, light varmint, and light/medium/magnum rifles. Power Pro delivers improved velocity and density for more efficient reloading and helps reloaders duplicate certain factory loaded ammunition. They are an excellent addition to Alliant Powder’s existing lineup of proven and trusted propellants.

Features & Benefits
• Manufactured in the USA
• Improved velocity and density for more efficient metering and loading
• Designed for magnum pistol, light varmint and light/medium/magnum rifles
• Enables reloaders to duplicate certain factory loaded ammunition
• Designed for specific cartridges and applications
• Density designed for proper cartridge fit

150529 Power Pro—300MP; 1 lb. bottle
150530 Power Pro—300MP; 8 lb. canister
150531 Power Pro—Varmint; 1 lb. bottle
150532 Power Pro—Varmint; 8 lb. canister
150537 Power Pro—4000MR; 1 lb. bottle
150538 Power Pro—4000MR; 8 lb. canister
150533 Power Pro—2000MR; 1 lb. bottle
150534 Power Pro—2000MR; 8 lb. canister
150535 Power Pro—3000LR; 1 lb. bottle
150536 Power Pro—3000LR; 8 lb.

Offline DannoBoone

• Contributor
Re: Alliant New Powders
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:39:57 PM »
Do they have any load data, yet? I couldn't find any on
Alliant's website.
We need to change our politicians
like we do dirty diapers.............
for the same reason.

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:08:08 AM »
Do they have any load data, yet? I couldn't find any on
Alliant's website.

Hard to figure Alliant powder on this one I'd seen a deal on it back in Oct so figured they have some loaing data out.  Alot of their loading data is used with Speer bullet (same company own Speer/Alliant) and Speer is coming out with their new bullet that could be part reason for the delay.  They had pretty good luck with R-17 and this is just me but I figure at some point there gioing to drop some powders.  One of the other company they own is Fusion Ammo and there coming out with components (bullets) so were getting more players in that market they also own Federal Premium and I'm sure some of that new powder has maybe been load in some factory ammo by either company.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »
I was on the Alliant site a couple days ago and saw this info but nothing else. Overall I find Alliant's website greatly lacking compared to Hodgdon's.  Heck even their data for standby powders of old is terribly limited.  Seems like they could put more data out there, they don't even have all the data I have in one of their old (90's) pamphlets.

Seems like they could have told us more about their new powders.  I hope they are reading this. I looked for a place to comment to them but didn't see it.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline DannoBoone

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »
I was on the Alliant site a couple days ago and saw this info but nothing else.  Seems like they could put more data out there, they don't even have all the data I have in one of their old (90's) pamphlets.

Seems like they could have told us more about their new powders. 

Wolfe Publishing company has thousands of loads which are not published by the bullet & powder manufacturers. They have Alliant
loads which I haven't seen elsewhere. Unfortunately, all loads are older than RL17 and these other newer powders.
We need to change our politicians
like we do dirty diapers.............
for the same reason.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »
Danno - Oh I have Pet Loads, 3 Lyman books, 2 Hornady books, Lee, 2 Speer, etc etc, and they all list many Alliant loads.  I sure find the Hodgdon books handy with their very extensive loads for all of their, and IMR powders for many many cartridges. I guess the difference is that Alliant lists loads for a particular powder while Hodgdon lists the cartridge then all the loads for all their suitable powders - Hodgdon's approach is much handier IMO  and I think it encourages a person to try other Hodgdon powders.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline MZ5

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:51:06 PM »
At least some load data for 1 or 2 of the new powders has been on Alliant's site for weeks (or longer?), because I downloaded it from them.  Are you downloading their pdf load guide?  If not, do so.