Author Topic: most common & easily found big game round in the U.S  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
most common & easily found big game round in the U.S
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »
I'm a late bloomer with guns so bare with me.
If you could only have one gun for life, & you wanted to choose a rifle that you could find ammo for almost anywhere, what would it be?
I was wondering what the easiest & most commonly found round for big game is?
I think its the 30-06 but isnt there different types of 30-06 that wont shoot out of the same rifle? ???

Example:
There are allot of types of 300 magnums like 300 winchester short mag, 300 wim mag,
300 holland & holland & so on. Now, none of these are inerchangeable right?

I want to buy a rifle that I will have the least amount of trouble finding ammo for.
Ammo is so scarse here in CA. that I need to go with the most common round possible.
I often see 30-06 springfield & 7mm rem mag & winchester 30-30.

I'm definitly getting a model 94 lever action 30-30. I've grown quite fond of it & love the feel & look of it.
Its a great gun for the type of thick brush country that I hunt.

I am also looking into a lever action 357 because it shoots 38's. Last time I shot it with 38's was in the snow & we could watch the bullet fly all the way to the target. I doubt I would hunt deer with it though.
My friend took a deer with it. 20 yard shot.

So what gun should I look into getting that shoots the most commonly found ammo across the U.S?
What is the most commonly found ammo?

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: most common & easily found big game round in the U.S
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »
I think its the 30-06 but isnt there different types of 30-06 that wont shoot out of the same rifle? ???

Example:
There are allot of types of 300 magnums like 300 winchester short mag, 300 wim mag,

Your example is correct, but that's because "300 magnum" is ambigious.  .30-06 ain't ;).  The one and only .30-06 is the .30-06 Springfield.  For factory loads you're good to go for all things .30-06 with one rifle.  There are different bullet weights and such (150gr, 165gr, 180gr, etc), but those will all shoot from the same gun - you'll just have to rezero your scope when changing between.

As to the .30-30 - you make me a little nervous when you mention "thick brush country".  If you mean you only get to take short shots and the .30-30 is all that's needed at those ranges, then you're good.  If you're of the mistaken school of thought that the .30-30 or anything else, being slower, will "buck the brush", then you're mistaken there :).  It'll deflect as easily as any other round.  Personally I'm a little more partial to the Marlin 336 than the Winchester 94, but they're both good guns :P.

Anyways, as to what rifle I would take if I could have only one for hunting big game, I'd take the .30-06 in a good bolt action.  Truthfully the Stevens 200, Marlin XL7, or Mossberg ATL (slight preference towards the first two) are fine budget rifles available in .30-06.  If you want something a lil purdier for a bit more $$$ you can look into more expensive models (I'm kinda wanting a TC Icon myself).  Truckloads of good used .30-06 rifles on the shelves too.  If you look around at the right times you can get a good older one for $200-250.  

FWIW, among lots of other bolt guns, my two .30-06's are a Savage 110, and a sporterized Springfield 1903. 

Offline Questor

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
Assuming you'll be shooting out to 200 or even 300 yards, then it's definitely 30-06, in conventional bullets, probably 165 grainers. I'm a little rusty on California laws but I recall reading something recently about requiring non-lead bullets for hunting in California. You better check into that at your local gun shop.

It's a good idea just to pick a load and stick with it because you are getting more and more familiar with the ballistic properities of that load. But keep in mind that it is important to sight in again whenever you get a box of ammo from a new lot even if it's the same brand and variety of ammo. When temperature or humidity change a lot, you'll need to sight in. Whenever you travel and your scope might get knocked around or the altitude changes, you need to re-sight. It's really important.

Try to avoid the magnums because they recoil a lot more and you will need to practice more to get familiar with them. There's not much advantage to them until you start using the heavier bullets for bigger game like moose, and even that's debateable (and much debated). None of the magnums you listed are interchangeable.

As far as guns go, you really want a package: Rifle, sling, sling swivels, scope mount, scope, and case, and cleaning supplies. If I could only make a one gun recommendation it would be the Remington model 700 because you can rely on good quality and a good trigger, and good support if it ever breaks, and easily available accessories like scope mounts. You're going to have to do some homework. There are several configurations. But don't get a cheap scope. My brand of choice is Leupold. Not their fanciest and most expensive ones, but figure spending at least a couple of hundred bucks on a good scope. Don't get a scope that's too powerful. 2-7x variable is very practical and a little less bulky than the popular 3-9x.

With the 30-06 you can shoot prairie dogs with varmint bullets and moose with heavier bullets. It's famous versatility is based on a world of real life experience.

Safety first

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
I sold all my boltaction rifles but my Remington Model 700 in .30-06.  It wears a 3-9X40 Nikon Prostaff.  I had many others but I never used them.  It's all you really need.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
The 270 is more common here now.

Offline Questor

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »
Swampman:

I had others too, but I kept my model 700 in 375H&H as my only big game rifle. It's got a low power variable on it. Super nice gun. I don't need the extra power of the 375, but I like the gun and the cartridge together so much that I just use it exclusively.
Safety first

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
It's a great caliber.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 12:01:50 PM »
The one round all others are judged by, the 30-06 Springfield.  I've used it on big game from 10ft to 700 yards.  I own around 70 long guns, everything from .223s to the big Weatherby Mags.  But the one that sees the most action is my H&R Handi rifle in 30-06.  The second one is my Remington Pump in 30-06.  I've worked up several loads where I don't have to rezero the scope, when changing from one bullet to the other.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »
Been thinking about this all day.
In the SHTF circumstances, life as we know it today will no longer exist. If you don't already have it your are between a rock and a hard spot getting ANYTHING.
If you are where you can't get to yours--good luck. Somebody else will.
That is the reason I am Going to get a F350 and put a locked container in the back end with at least 50,000 rounds of each of the 10 weapons I am goint to carry in it.
At home I am going to have the same in a bomb shelter.
I don't loan out guns or bullets!!
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
My use of a 30-30 is simply for its size & length with a short barrel & open sights being much easier to get into the thick brush, not to shoot through it. I wouldnt do that with any gun.

I will never buy a magnum, I might try to get my cousins 7mm wetherby mag off of him because it has meaning to me but I think magnum rifles are over rated also. some say you can never have too much gun, well in this case I think you can. I have no need for one.
300 magnums was only an example of multiple rounds for different guns.

The remington 700 in 30-06 was my first choice for an all purpose rifle.
My good friend has been telling me to get a 270 for years. He's very knowledgable in guns & ammo.
Thats one of the rounds thats scarce here in most stores.

QUESTOR,
As far as the lead ban in CA. I live just outside the condor range which is the only area where solid lead projectiles is prohibited.
The condor is the only reason for the lead ban but doesnt affect the whole state.
Its funny because you CAN still use lead bird shot to hunt upland game birds in the condor range as well as target shoot with solid lead projectiles in desognated shooting areas on public land in the condor range! Why you cant (hunt) with a solid lead projectile & can with bird shot in this area is beyond me.

here is a 2 part video giving you a detailed description of this ban & its location. I found it to be interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGem-lo4mNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtZ_YkPTzMA&feature=related

I want a gun that, when the poo hits the fan & I can only carry one gun with me in survival situations I want it to be a gun that will work on everything & be able to find ammo more easily than others. stores, garage sales, barter or trade if things get really bad. Thats why I kinda wanted a 357 lever gun to increase my chances of finding ammo to survive off of & I would be able to carry more ammo because they are smaller, lighter rounds. That & I already have a small stock pile of 38's & 357's.

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »
just can not go wrong with the tried and true 30.06 it is found almost anywhere ammo is sold. it will take anything cleanly up to elk and moose. it will work on big bears but i would hesitate on that deal. i would want .338 WM or .375 H&H for that. However it will do it.

Thats the ONE GUN to have.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 12:55:16 PM »
My good friend has been telling me to get a 270 for years. He's very knowledgable in guns & ammo.

Nothing wrong with the .270 (even regarding ammo availability in most places, though CA is a special case).  My dad hunted with a Remington 742 Semi-auto .30-06 for almost 20 years but recently switched to a Ruger M77 in .270 and he likes it just as much.  My personal preference would be to the '06, but realistically I'd never feel bad holding a .270 instead.

I want a gun that, when the poo hits the fan & I can only carry one gun with me in survival situations I want it to be a gun that will work on everything & be able to find ammo more easily than others. stores, garage sales, barter or trade if things get really bad. Thats why I kinda wanted a 357 lever gun to increase my chances of finding ammo to survive off of & I would be able to carry more ammo because they are smaller, lighter rounds. That & I already have a small stock pile of 38's & 357's.

In that case, I don't see .357 or .38 being your go to rounds.  For small pistol rounds, 9mm Luger is as common as dirt.  Not really good for hunting under normal circumstances, but could be in a pinch.  They make carbines that fire it, or you could look at a handgun. OR, more realistically, a .22LR.  You can fit 5,000 rounds in a good backpack if you had a mind to, and the rifles don't cost much (used .22's go for under $100 all day in pawn shops - new ones can be found for ~$130-140).  Plus if you're really set on the level action Henry makes one of those too.  And for a "Just in case" SHTF scenario, .22LR bullets are easy on the wallet to save up.  I typically just buy a small box of them every now and then and stick them aside.  I'll probably never need them, but if I do, I've got probably 20K+ rounds of various brands stuffed away.  Plenty of reloading components too.  I figure that for myself (not trading them away), I've got enough ammo to hunt and feed myself for 3-4 lifetimes if need be :).

Offline Questor

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
I should also put in a plug for the Tikka rifles. I bought one in .308 for my son, a synthetic/stainless left handed model with a Leupold 2-7x scope. That's a great gun. Light. Modest recoil. Excellent in every way. They do, of course, make them in 30-06 too.
Safety first

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »
the .22 in addition to others is a must just for the reasons stated i know it kill will deer and hogs and it certainly will kill a man. not the best but all around it should not be underestimated. light ammo that will be plentiful and a load light with a major amount of ammo.

i will have a rifle and pistol as a matter of fact i have many of that caliber. also needed will be a heavier caliber for heavy game and people if needed at long range. thats where the 30.06 will be the one.

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »

Nothing wrong with the .270 (even regarding ammo availability in most places, though CA is a special case).  My dad hunted with a Remington 742 Semi-auto .30-06 for almost 20 years but recently switched to a Ruger M77 in .270 and he likes it just as much.  My personal preference would be to the '06, but realistically I'd never feel bad holding a .270 instead.

In that case, I don't see .357 or .38 being your go to rounds.  For small pistol rounds, 9mm Luger is as common as dirt.  Not really good for hunting under normal circumstances, but could be in a pinch.  They make carbines that fire it, or you could look at a handgun. OR, more realistically, a .22LR.  You can fit 5,000 rounds in a good backpack if you had a mind to, and the rifles don't cost much (used .22's go for under $100 all day in pawn shops - new ones can be found for ~$130-140).  Plus if you're really set on the level action Henry makes one of those too.  And for a "Just in case" SHTF scenario, .22LR bullets are easy on the wallet to save up.  I typically just buy a small box of them every now and then and stick them aside.  I'll probably never need them, but if I do, I've got probably 20K+ rounds of various brands stuffed away.  Plenty of reloading components too.  I figure that for myself (not trading them away), I've got enough ammo to hunt and feed myself for 3-4 lifetimes if need be :).

I have a ruger 10-22 carbine thats stamped, made in the 200th year of american liberty. ;) not sure if its worth anything yet.
I got it for $80.

As far as the 357 lever gun, It would be a secondary rifle to hunt small game & such, because I like the fact of being able to shoot 38's out of it also. In a survival situation I would have it safely burried where I would have somewhat easy access. (if there is such a place.) I wouldnt feel that unconfident in the 357 to hunt with but wouldnt be my first choice for an all around rifle especialy self defense against anyone with somthing any larger with a longer range.

I do however need a pistol & was in the prosses of getting one 7 years ago before some thing happened that prevented me from owning guns for 5 years (which I was wrongfuly accused of) & actualy drove me to getting some guns anyway just to spite the government.
If I had sued the people & the places they work for, I would be living fat off the $$$ for such a screw up.
I was much younger & very devostated from what I was put through that I couldnt handle the stress of fighting this in court & my parents were to stupid to know how to help me so I left it in the past... until it came up in conversation like this. It messed me up mentaly for life. Sadly I will never have the pride or respect for this country that I once did.
However I do respect those who put there lives on the line for this country. Thank you
but thats where it ends.
That was the worst incident of my life but led me to the greatest thing I have in life now & brought me to be as passionat for the wilderness as I am today because after that I couldnt stand being around anyone or within city limits so any spare time I have had in the past 6-7 years I spend out in the timber where I am not bothered. I still wish that it hadnt happened but who knows if I would be as into the outdoors as I am today.
At least some good came from it. Right?

anyway I cant think about that any more, it makes me want to leave the country because I was wrongfully accused of something I didnt do, by my own government.
now that I know that there are more of us that have had this happen to than those not, It helps to make me feel like I'm not alone in this.  most people are screwed by the gov. in one way or another. some more than others.
now the government is putting 6 year olds on terrorist watch lists? ???
Every time I think about the government now I see it as being the smartest kid with downsyndrom,
no matter how smart they think they are, they're still retarted!
That generaly cheers me up a bit.
With these types of things happening in this country, It will be no surprise when the SHTF!
Thats why I want to get on the ball & buy a few guns before it happens.
Or move to the vast wilderness of Canada or another place with a good amount of things to hunt.

A 9mm would be nice but I would rather have a 40 cal. simply for the human stopping power.
I hope it never comes to this but its looking more & more like it.
GOD HELP US ALL!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
i  had a good post here then  it  got  lost
don't  want to say  it again

but the  gist  was......easier  to stock  up  than predict
stock  up on  what is  cheap  and what you want

buy  when  its convenient  for  you  not  when  your desperate

i  too have  been  falsely arrested  and  took  3 years  to fix it
and  a decade  for  it  to  be official

until  it  happens to  you....know one  knows what that  is like

38/357  is a good  choice  if you  reload
dumpster  dive at the range  i  have  nearly  a 5gal  bucket of  brass  FREE

any  military round may  be  had  in  quantity  at  good prices
timing  is  key.....and  it  won't  be  when you need   it the most
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
so, the 30-06.
Well, I know what I'm getting!!! ;D
I have a hand full of 30-06 rounds of all shapes & sizes. I dont know what the purpose of all of them are but I'll use them to plink with.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 04:18:28 PM »
It's a great caliber.

Something finally makes sence coming out of the Swamp. I'm not going to read anymore of his posts in this thread/subject. I'm certain, I will run across one from him that will compltly contradict this....
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
There are 3 great boltaction calibers.  The .30-06, the .375H&H, and the .223.  All the rest are almost as good as one of these 3.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 04:14:07 AM »
i  had a good post here then  it  got  lost
don't  want to say  it again

but the  gist  was......easier  to stock  up  than predict
stock  up on  what is  cheap  and what you want

buy  when  its convenient  for  you  not  when  your desperate

i  too have  been  falsely arrested  and  took  3 years  to fix it
and  a decade  for  it  to  be official

until  it  happens to  you....know one  knows what that  is like

38/357  is a good  choice  if you  reload
dumpster  dive at the range  i  have  nearly  a 5gal  bucket of  brass  FREE

any  military round may  be  had  in  quantity  at  good prices
timing  is  key.....and  it  won't  be  when you need   it the most

i found  it
these   threads are similar
i was  tired........sorry
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,196467.0.html
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
There are 3 great boltaction calibers.  The .30-06, the .375H&H, and the .223.  All the rest are almost as good as one of these 3.

It's hard to argue with that.
So many of them are made from these three.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »
I'm a late bloomer with guns so bare with me.
If you could only have one gun for life, & you wanted to choose a rifle that you could find ammo for almost anywhere, what would it be?
I was wondering what the easiest & most commonly found round for big game is?

Example:

I want to buy a rifle that I will have the least amount of trouble finding ammo for.
Ammo is so scarse here in CA. that I need to go with the most common round possible.
I often see 30-06 springfield & 7mm rem mag & winchester 30-30.

I'm definitly getting a model 94 lever action 30-30. I've grown quite fond of it & love the feel & look of it.
Its a great gun for the type of thick brush country that I hunt.

I am also looking into a lever action 357 because it shoots 38's. Last time I shot it with 38's was in the snow & we could watch the bullet fly all the way to the target. I doubt I would hunt deer with it though.
My friend took a deer with it. 20 yard shot.

So what gun should I look into getting that shoots the most commonly found ammo across the U.S?
What is the most commonly found ammo?

Might want to think about looking at the 308 cal.Ammo is common, and a very capable and accurate round for all big game in the lower 48.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »
anything from a 243 to an o6 will cover alot of ground.
blue lives matter

Offline Default_Required

• Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Being from Kalifornia, And having family that still live there . I'm aware of the different critters you have to hunt in that state. A 30-30 is hard to beat for all around use in Kali. as far as hunting goes. Light, handy and mild on the recoil compared to some of the other mentioned calibers, And the ammo is universally available most any where you go ..

One Round to Rule Them All ?  Yes the 30-06 is that cartridge, The 308 is another good choice, since is is more of less a shortened down version of the 30-06 and its only until you start looking at the heavier weight bullets in the 30-06 / 308 that the 30-06 edges out its victory due to its large case volume.

I do have a question for the original poster. Being new to firearms , Whats your experience with recoil as far as firearms are concerned ?

That may in and of itself play a role to the helpful experienced and knowledgable and how they may direct and advise you.

As for one rifle . Wow that isnt a easy choice , The guys mentioned some good ones already. I think for myself I would lean toward the Savage for cost and out of the box accuracy with a good trigger , But added to those attributes, due to the ease by which their rifles can be swapped over to other calibers should my decision in caliber or needs change .

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »
I read all the time about a certain caliber's advantage since its ammo is available, and another isn't.  I don't think I would consider that in a choice of a firearm.  I keep ammo in the tool box of my truck all season long, and I always have some in the cab as well.  I use about eight calibers for deer hunting - which is all I ever hunt with a rifle.

People must leave home without ammo on the way to a hunting camp, thinking they will buy ammo along the way?  I can't imagine going hunting without ammo - but then I hand load all of mine and have a lifetime supply of most every caliber.

Can't see a reasonable excuse for going hunting without ammo.  I certainly wouldn't pass up a rifle I really wanted for that reason.  Been hunting over 40 years and haven't had to shop "in the field".

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »
One quick plug for the .30-30, it's one of the cheapest centerfire rifle ammos and it's common as dirt.  I have 2 of them.  I won't own a caliber that can't be found in any good hardware store or Walmart.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 05:20:07 AM »
 ;) I agree with Charles....if I had to rely on Walmart ammo,  :-\ :-[ :P I dont even want to go there....

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 05:48:21 AM »
If I have to rely on anything it will be factory ammo.  It is better than anybody's reloads.  There is currently no need for wildcat cartridges.  They are a novelty, nothing more nor less.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 07:30:33 AM »

That is the reason I am Going to get a F350 and put a locked container in the back end with at least 50,000 rounds of
Blessings

That load of ammo should add quite a bit of KABOOM when that Ford gets hit with an RPG :D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »
Swampy, if you think factory stuff matches good handloads, I can see why you like walmart...stick with it.... ;D :D :D :D