Author Topic: What's the deal on Bass Pros Redhead Visao scopes?  (Read 469 times)

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
What's the deal on Bass Pros Redhead Visao scopes?
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:03:15 PM »
 I see these being offered in some places other than Bass Pro and despite it being a Bass Pro product they are not listing them anymore  ??? was there a problem with them?

I have just been sent a 3-12x42 to try out, nope I am not a reviewer  ;), but it seems my fairly light .270 is a bit rough on scopes  ::) the rifle weighs 6 1/4lbs and the Simmons Aetec Master Series  didn't like it on that rifle and the replacement was faulty so the dealer suggested I try this out. I had never heard of them so searched the web and found it's a Basspro Line.

Reading the buff printed in the box flap made me laugh as it says lightweight chassis  :D darn it this scopes weighs 21ozs so it ain't no lightweight. Just looking through it to focus the eypiece for me the optics appear to be clear but it has that big black ring around the view  :( so you don't get a nice full field of view and I really don't like that black ring at all  :'(. The saddle is huge as it has the parallax adjustemnt built into it which causes a problem as it won't fit in my one piece mount for the Majestic  :( ............................. and I don't have any medium rings for it that have the recoil stud in them... Oh well.