Author Topic: Leupold PRW Rings  (Read 443 times)

Offline Jon in TN

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
Leupold PRW Rings
« on: January 29, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
I bought a set of these and I monted them to my rifle, but they don't fit a scope like most. It feels like I'm going to scratch the crap out of my scope if I "snap" them on it. Does anyone have a trick? I'm not sure whether I want to keep the rifle or scope for that matter and I hate to gash the finish..

Jon

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Leupold PRW Rings
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »
I wrap a piece of paper around the scope tube, snap the cap on and work the paper out from under the cap, the backing from pressure sensitive labels works real good, it's just a little heavier than copy paper.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Jon in TN

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
I wrap a piece of paper around the scope tube, snap the cap on and work the paper out from under the cap, the backing from pressure sensitive labels works real good, it's just a little heavier than copy paper.

Tim

You are the man Tim!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
I have probably a dozen sets of these on various scopes. never has it caused a mark. Run your fingers over the edges and as long as they are smooth, you will not have a problem either. Once they are on the tube they are not quite as tight.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.