Author Topic: NIKKO nightblaster  (Read 763 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
NIKKO nightblaster
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:11:20 AM »
Anyone have or tried one of these in 3x9x42 looks good coated lense and all
with a name like "nightblaster" must be good.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: NIKKO nightblaster
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »
got a nikko nighteater and it is a great scope.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »

::) so a catchy marketing name makes it a good scope?  ::) sheesh Barnham was right.

After the crap I recieved with two brand new Nikko Sterling scopes I would not touch one with a bage pole.

Shame as at one time is was a good company and made good scopes  :(

But hey it's your money spend it where you will  ;).

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »
sorry but im not going to buy something called a nikko nightblaster. It sounds like something my grandkids have in the toybox
blue lives matter

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »

::) so a catchy marketing name makes it a good scope?  ::) sheesh Barnham was right.

After the crap I recieved with two brand new Nikko Sterling scopes I would not touch one with a bage pole.

Shame as at one time is was a good company and made good scopes  :(

No the catchy name has nothing to do with it,  the nighteater has good clear glass the side paralax is dead on when checked with a range finder. I used mine a lot when proveing barrel where it was adjusted to zero with each barrel 10 times a day or more for months and it still tracks true and holds zero. I have had a lot of more expensive scope fail when used under the same conditions.I know 3 other owners of the same model scope and all are very well pleased with them.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 11:44:39 PM »

::) so a catchy marketing name makes it a good scope?  ::) sheesh Barnham was right.

Shame as at one time is was a good company and made good scopes  :(

No the catchy name has nothing to do with it,  the nighteater has good clear glass the side paralax is dead on when checked with a range finder. I used mine a lot when proveing barrel where it was adjusted to zero with each barrel 10 times a day or more for months and it still tracks true and holds zero. I have had a lot of more expensive scope fail when used under the same conditions.I know 3 other owners of the same model scope and all are very well pleased with them.

I am pleased for you  :) my experience with Nikko Sterling and their importers Highland Outdoors here in the UK was less than steller.. I had my first one fail back in about 1987 a 3-9x40 Silver crown on which the whole eye bell came lose after about 70 rounds through my BSA CF2 Stutzen in 270 winchester.

Then in 2007 I brought a new 4.5-14x50AO Gold crown and it was crap from the word go. Optics were bright and clear but as a shooting test with a tried and known .308 Bruno ZKK 601 proved it was not fit for it's purpose. At the club range which is only 75 m (82 Yards) it shot a split group, one shot high then the next low, and it repeated it every shot so I ended up with two small groups 3" apart. Now what use is that to anyone?

It managed to hold zero IF there was no perceptable recoil like a moderated (fitted with a sound moderator "silencer") .22 L/R shooting sub sonic ammo and it stayed on that until one night whilst trying to do some rabbit control with a lamp it needed constant re-focussing due to it's ridiculasly tiny depth of field so off it came and down the road it went. The importers whose bosses name is John by the way, said it's perfectly normal for the fast focus eye piece to wobble about in it's housing and to be able to see the reticle dance about when you touched the eye piece  ::) despite the fact that an older Platinum 4x40 brought S/H does not do this nor do any scopes that are properly made and assembled. Plus add the fact that they have put the prices up on the Nikko Sterlings now so that for just a bit more I can buy a really nice and quality scope from the likes of Meopta or the new Refields made by Leupold, so they claim, for a lot less.

I also tried a 3-9x40AO Platinum and that had the same fault so was returned for a refund. I would have returned the Gold Crown but the dealer refused to admit there was a problem, needless to say I will never deal with them again. Now I saw a lot of Nighteaters fitted to PCP's which are of course recoiless, or rather I did see in the magazines but it seems they are no longer the In thing but then again the FTR crowd change their stuff like we change out socks so thay don't really say much  ::).

Shame as I said Nikko Sterling used to make a good reliable scope and I have 4 of their older 4x32 Special or Special Sporting scopes from the 60's and 70's which are fine. Their quality control was done properly then and they was also made in Japan.

Just did a search to check the prices and boy do they vary, seems a lot of rip offs going on  >:( the cheapest I could find a Nighteater was this :-

Nikko Sterling Nighteater 4-16 x 44 Price:  £129.95  ($230 US) from Dowlings Online

Nikko Stirling. Platinum Nighteater Illuminated 6-24x56 FT £242.95 Each ($430 US)
 from Wighill Park Guns now if that is not a complete rip off what is?

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 06:10:44 AM »

::) so a catchy marketing name makes it a good scope?  ::) sheesh Barnham was right.

Shame as at one time is was a good company and made good scopes  :(

But hey it's your money spend it where you will  ;).

Name like nightblaster it has to be good.
it was an attempt at humor, of course by your location i understand you not
understanding. I will give one a try tommrow on my 223, choate varmit,
weather permiting.
Rex

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:14:12 AM »
sorry but im not going to buy something called a nikko nightblaster. It sounds like something my grandkids have in the toybox

Well maybe you should look in the toy box.
the "NIGHTBLASTER" worked well, only shot it 20-30 times but i think it will hunt.
Rex

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
Welll if you make enough scopes at least one or two have even by accident come out reasonably good. As I said I brought two new one the other year and both were faulty and real bits of shite.

I am currently watching a Nikko electro scope that the reticle don't work on it  ::). If it's cheap enough I'll buy it and take the mounts off it had check the rest in the scrap where it belongs  ;).

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Oh well I won the Nikko Electro scope. Am waiting it's arrival now in a day or so. It cost me £27 including postage. Not a bad price for a set of Parker-Hale ring mounts.