Author Topic: I picked up a 94/22 today in sad shape  (Read 589 times)

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
I picked up a 94/22 today in sad shape
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
I was at a local gunshop and saw a sad little 94/22 behind the counter.  It was missing the buttstock and the front 3/4" of the barrel/magazine tube was badly rusted due to storage conditions.  I just had to bring it home with me!  There is some pitting on the metal besides on the muzzle end.  I need to get a buttstock and buttplate to get started.  I'm going to clean up the outside as well as I can and retouch the bluing.  I figure that using bore paste on the muzzle end might restore the rifling at the muzzle which isn't too bad to begin with.  If that doesn't work, I could cut the end off behind the damage and recrown it.  The magazine would also have to be cut back.

Does anybody have a spare buttstock and buttplate?

Offline Old Grizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: I picked up a 94/22 today in sad shape
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »
Oh yea, a project gun. Pictures(before and after) say a thousand words.
Goodluck
Marlin 1895G Rules
45-70
Member Team Hornady
Life Member NRA
Member NAHC

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
Pictures will follow, this has been a busy day.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
I carried a 94/22 M once and loved it! Whacked a snowshoe hare at a good distance with it too. Wish I had bought one when they were easy to get - but didn't have much $ to spare then. Good luck on the project.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA