Author Topic: What holster for an XD sub 9mm?  (Read 514 times)

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
What holster for an XD sub 9mm?
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:07:14 AM »
Last night while at a gun store I slipped and fell.  As I was falling I swiped my card and ended up buying an XD subcompact 3" 9mm.  That's my story anyway.

I'm not going to carry this every day, but when I need to I'm going to need a holster.  I was thinking something like the small of back type holsters.  I don't want or need anything fancy, just something that works.  I've never carried conceiled before so this is new to me.  I appreciate any advice.

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
Re: What holster for an XD sub 9mm?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:40:31 AM »
Check into a Crossbreed Supertuck, it's my favorite IWB holster, super comfortable.

Offline superpig1047

• Aim small, miss small
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »
I agree the crossbreed holsters for in the waist band carry are hard to beat. However in the winter time I would look at the Blackhawk serpa holster.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »
Getting a quality holster and BELT is very important if you have any intention to be comfortable. A regular heavy belt ain't gonna do it, and anyone who tries to convince you otherwise should be suspect. Minimum would be a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch nylon, I have a Beltman double bullhide and am very happy with it. A good belt will make a fair holster much more tolerable.

Galco makes pretty good, readily available, holsters. Think about falling onto hard concrete with a pound of ordinance steel directly over your spine. A slip walking into the local Mini Mart might change your life. I'm carrying at about 4:00 and its pretty good as far as access and conceal-ability goes. It sits in the pocket between the seatbelt latch and seat back while driving as well, something to consider if SOB is your plan.

I'm serious about the belt, it took a year to try lots of things before I finally sucked it up and got the correct answer to a problem.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
I agree with the Belt statement.     My personal favorite for the XD9 is the Crossbreed Supertuck.  I carry at the 4:00 position and walking, standing and sitting in a car with a seat belt are non issues.    Also have been able to draw and get on target extremely quickly with a little practice.

Blessing to you.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 04:13:07 AM »
Teddy12b You know I slipped and nearly fell myself yesterday. They sent me home with the same gun!

Uncle Sugar gave me back what he didn't need friday, so I picked up the wife one of those XDs finally. Nothing like that new gun smell in the truck on the ride home. Tell us if you find a holster you are happy with.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline miragemirage

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
I carry my xd9sc in a sideguard iwb. very comfortable, with a proper belt of course.