Author Topic: Not in Catalog  (Read 834 times)

Offline smokepole06

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Not in Catalog
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
I was at the Gun Shop today. They had the 2010 printed NEF/HR catalog. No Stainless Handi in 270 or 3006. Website shows, must be out of date. That stinks! Did they drop the SS/Nickel? I do not want to buy the Ultra just to then turn around to buy the acc bbl. Anybody got details???

Offline smokepole06

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Not in Catalog
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
Well, was in Nashville for the NWTF Convention and spoke with the Remington / HR Guys. I was right, they have discontinued the guns mentioned in last post. That along with the apparent demise of the acc barrel program, i see coming a decrease in quality just as has happened at remington on the 700 and 870. I really think the CVA Scout will take a lot of market share from NEF / HR.

Offline Glockfan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »
Any sort of time frame before they do away with the accessory barrel program?

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:20:01 AM »
'Any idea when?', whoes getting barrels now?
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:04:12 AM »
Any sort of time frame before they do away with the accessory barrel program?

I seriously don't think that's going to happen.  ::)

Tim

Well guys I finally finished up this plastic sight problem. I finally called H&R and got a nice and seemingly well informed young woman named Casey. She says there is no way for them to replace the plastic sights with metal ones and that she had a set in front of her as we spoke. She also said most people liked them(!!!) I politely disagreed and said perhaps they liked the firesight aspect but not the "made out of plastic" part. She agreed there were problems with them staying put and suggested a drop of loctite, AFTER they were sighted in.
She said she had been searching and asking for something to tell customers regarding a replacement that would fit but could only offer that the dovetail is a standard 3/8" and perhaps if the customer purchased a 3/8 sight insert from Williams or some other company they could replace the plastic part.
I asked her the reasoning of using mettl sights on all other open sighted barrels but plastic only on one barrel, the .500 S&W, no real answer, just a company decision, also that many/most liked them. I find that difficult to believe, skewed statistics I guess.
In answer to my direct question, if the company was going to phase out the accessory barrel program, she answered with a resounding NO!!, she said that was a large and important part of thier sales and they were having trouble keeping up with the orders.
So, I am stuck with the crappy plastic rear sight that does not stay in place unless I want to loctite/glue it in position and the compnat seems to be doing well, especially the accessory barrel part.
I will continue my quest for a replacement rear sight for the .500 barrel....<><....:)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain