Author Topic: shotgun/ rifle  (Read 526 times)

Offline JimF1969

• Trade Count: (1)
shotgun/ rifle
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:12:48 AM »
I have an ultra slug hunter 12 Gauge (SB2-988). Can I swap out the 12 ga barrel for say a 25 06 or 270, 30 06, .45/70 barrel? if so, do i need different forend?
My biggest fear is ( when I'm dead) my wife will sell my hunting stuff for what I said i paid for it.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: shotgun/ rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:19:39 AM »
The frames for the USH is marked SB2 but it's not the same SB2 that the rifles are built on. The USH frames are bigger than the rifle frames. The USH's are a different critter. ;)
The forearms are bigger too. That's why the forearm comes with an USH accessory barrel.

Spanky

Offline JimF1969

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:49:20 AM »
so the ultra hunter rifle barrels won't lock up right, or won't mount at all. Is it safe to say that the ush is all that it will ever be, a 12 ga with a rifled barrel.
My biggest fear is ( when I'm dead) my wife will sell my hunting stuff for what I said i paid for it.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »
I think you can put a 10ga. barrel on that frame too. As far as rifle barrels you're out of luck. :-\

Spanky

Offline JimF1969

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:50:48 AM »
If someone has an sb2 for sale on the classifieds or some other site. how do we know if it is the sb2 rifle or the sb2 shotgun. seems to me that h&r would have given one of them a different #

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
Unfortunately they didn't name it differently causing much head scratching by H&R owners, the SB2 shotgun frame is made to fit the larger chamber swell of the 10ga based barrels, a rifle or regular shotgun barrel swell is ~.100" smaller and won't fit properly, the internal width of the SB2 shotgun frame is hogged out more to accommodate the larger chamber swell.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain