Author Topic: human targets  (Read 1145 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
human targets
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:04:16 AM »
Now i know some ranges don't like you shoot them(which the hole point of a carry gun) but have you ever shot the ski mask, hostage or terrorist(Osama bin Laden or Saddam) targets? I had many of the terrorist ones and i fells good to cut him down with my sword.  I used to like the hostage ones for makeing the best shot fast, i would give myself 20sec to make the shot or the hostage was dead. It was fun with the 380.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: human targets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »
Some states will not allow targets that look human which is the reason for the targets that look like a grave stone. We have shot humanoid targets dressed in street clothes with realistic faces . The first time it was almost to real. But then you get used to it , you keep telling yourself its only a movie i mean target.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:52:39 AM »
Yes when I qualified for my CCW the instructor used those targets.  :) I don't see the difference in using them and using a life size animal target for practice. If your trainning, make it as real as possible.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »
I had many of the terrorist ones and i fells good to cut him down with my sword.

I never heard of anyone using these targets for sword practice Jamal  ;D take care not to cut yourself on the follow through.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:39:37 AM »
I have shot a course of fire where you stabed a target then drew your weapon and engauged it and others .

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:32 AM »
Why, oh why, do we encourage this fellow????   ::)
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 04:06:02 AM »
well maybe chicken lady will return

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »
I had many of the terrorist ones and i fells good to cut him down with my sword.

I never heard of anyone using these targets for sword practice Jamal  ;D take care not to cut yourself on the follow through.

well i have a lot left over from when i had guns, so i take them to the woods and use my sword to cut him down. 1st  he gets a bb shooting, then  throwing knives, and last i draw my sword and cut his head off.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »
Jdog, you are one twisted little bastid! 

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
Most indoor ranges do not like the human sillohuetts because the hangers and rope that moves the target back and forth get hit as some Tommy Tactical want to be misses the head hits and breaks the hangers and severs the cord to move the targets back and forth.
Yes it is fun to stick a round or two in the IRA terrorist, the bad guy with the hostage or Osama.  the Terrorist- Bin Laden, I am Not refering to what Teddy Kennedy called the President.
Although both are set on destroying America as we know it.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »
amen to that
Why, oh why, do we encourage this fellow????   ::)
blue lives matter

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »
Combat pistol course in Coast Guard is shot on a human shape.  Same target for shotgun quals.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
Jdog, you are one  twisted little bastid!

I like to stay ready and good with all my weapons. from my pocket knifes to nunchucks, you never know what you would have on hand when attacked. I not "twisted little bastid! " for being ready with any weapon. I use my airguns to keep my real gun skills up, and i use every weapon i own on those targets to be ready for anything.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »
   You have that right Doug.  WHY?  I made a post on here once and got a lot of flack over it. This could have very well been the guy i was talking about. ;)