Author Topic: BOOKED A HUNT  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Ethan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
BOOKED A HUNT
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »
Hey to the Guys who have followed my post I wanted to let you guys know that a booked a hunt with T-barrz outdoors in Dysart, PA. He gave me a special He said I could shoot the biggest buck I can find for 1500$ and a free doe too. I am going Augest 27-28 I am going to use my bow or TC Encore 209X50. Man I am pumped about this hunt too ;D ;D
"A good man always knows his limitations”

Offline Ethan

• Avid Poster
Re: BOOKED A HUNT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
forgot to add the website   http://www.tbarrzoutdoors.com/

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
   Ethan,  I assume you decided not to go to Tioga. If so was there any special reason for this. I sure would like to know how much things have  changed since the last time i was there.
             bobg

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 03:15:55 AM »
Hi Ethan,

I went through the website.  There's alot of info that ISN'T there...like the extras.  I'm sure you'll be fine, but be careful!!!!
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Ethan

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:26:41 AM »
I changed my mind about going to Tioga becuase The more I looked at this other guy and did the math T-barr had better prices + he added a doe hunt also which is 475$

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »
I hope you do well but as Doug said there is a world of info missing on their site. I personally would be very concerned about why. They have next to nothing on the site hopefully you have it all covered in your communications with them and have it all in writing.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ethan

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »
I talked to Tom for hour and a half at the show because I have went to his website before. He filled me in and showed me pics of the cabin and trophys from years past. I talked to a guy who has hunted with Tom before and he said the hunt was great and they saw tons of game like hogs black buck ect. I have thought about it long and hard.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »
We've all been there booking that first one hoping we made the right decision and looking forward to the experience. There is nothing much worse than getting there and finding out we messed up big time and what is being offered isn't even remotely what we had in mind.

My first was kinda like that luckily tho I had booked with an outfit that hunted lots of different ranches scattered out over more than 100 miles and so after wasting that first day on an 80 acre ranch with animals so tame you had to kick them in the butt to them them to move out of your way I refused to pull the trigger and told them we needed to back up and punt and take a new tack.

It all ended well because as I said out in Texas with an outfit that hunts on dozens of ranches there is always another place to go. Had that been a place where it was all they had I'd have had a major disappointment and might have never done it again.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 03:09:57 PM »
Ethan,

I don't think the GB or myself think you made a bad choice...just be wary.  Once you are there...you're stuck.  What's the cost of game butchering (please don't tell me you're going to bring the animals home whole, a lot of folks do this and it can be a disaster and you need to know what you're doing), is skinning included, is there a seperate guide fee or a daily rate,  how big is this place exactly?  How many hunters in camp with you???

Just a few things to think about before you lay down your hard earned money...talk is cheap and you're a newbie (please, dont take that as an insult...it's not meant to be at all)...my experience with nearly 100% of the guys on this board is that we want you have an incredible time and if we can help you do that by supplying you with info....we're good!!!

If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Ethan

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »
Dr. Doug,
There will only be 2 hunters me and my dad. the price for butchering and skinning is like 50$. The rate is a daily rate. The preserve is 600 acers.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »
Is "like" $50 ?
He meant skinning is 50, caping is 50, butchering is 50, wrapping/vacuum packing is 50, oh and the free doe- that is another 50 for skinning, another 50 for butchering, and another 50 for wrapping. You want burger or sausage- that's $2.00 a pound more.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
  Mirage. Have you ever been to one of these places. ???.  When i went to Tioga skinning and butchering was $50 for both. The only thing i had butchered was the hog. I am 4 hours from home. They filled my cooler with ice and packed  the wrapped meat in and away i went. You can believe me or not. I really don't care but nothing was turned loose when i got there. It was already in there.  Just to make that clear the price was $20 for skinning and $30 for butchering.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »
No Mirage has never been to such a place let alone the one in question.

I suggest Mirage you look into the rules for this forum. Folks who are here only to knock preserve hunting find themselves very quickly banned from the site. This forum is NOT for arguing the virtures of preserve hunting it is for those who wish to do it to talk about it. If that's not you move on while you still can.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 04:54:34 AM »
Sorry, I pm'd ethan and apologized. No I haven't hunted on a preserve but the rates for skinning and caping up here start at $50 and go up from there. I'll erase that last sentence, it was off topic.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
Arguments against preserve hunting are fine on any of the other hunting forums on the site just not this one. It is set aside and reserved for discussion by those who wish to hunt preserves and high fenced ranches without harrassment from those who do not agree with them or the existence of them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline markc

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »
GB, thanks for catching that issue, I was out at the ranch over the weekend and did not log on Sunday when I got back home.  Ethan, we all do want you to have a great time especially since you will be hunting with your dad.  The guys here are just giving great advice as always, so that you will not be disappointed.  If you still have time, possibly you could, or should give a call to a few more references.  The owner should provide that info for you.  If he doesn't provide reference info from previous hunters, then there could be a problem.  Take lots of pictures and post them up after you hunt.   We look forward to reading/seeing about your hunt.
markc