Author Topic: Uberti 36 cal  (Read 978 times)

Offline Doe

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Uberti 36 cal
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »
Guys i was at a gun store and saw a Uberti 36 cal and man it was calling my name it had the nice brass frame and when i pulled the hammer it was talking to me take me home. The only thing is never shoot a blk powder pistol before and never really got into blk powder till i bought a thomson muzzee cap rifle!! So my ?? is for all that has one why did you pick Uberti. The one i saw, man the fit and finish was, i would have to say WOW!! and is $289 and good price??

Offline FourBee

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Uberti 36 cal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:33:44 AM »
So my ?? is for all that has one why did you pick Uberti.

Usually 2 reasons.  1st....... The UBERTI diminsions are near that of the original Colt revolvers.   2nd, just as you stated.........
the fit and finish
.   However, always inspect every new revolver before taking it out to the range.  Check for loose screws, and burrs around the action and hammer.
But don't disqualify the PIETTA revolvers just because of their wood to metal fit and finish.   Their actions are well crafted. ;D
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 06:32:21 AM »
+1 to FourBee's comments.  Uberti dimensions are closer to original Colts than Piettas; especially the grips.  I've never liked the "trumpet horn" profile of the Piettas.  Pietta fit and finish now days is as good or better than Uberti's.  You really can't go wrong buying either one.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Man of many Colt's and alter ego of Diabolical Ken
SASS Regulator 28654-L-TG, Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire
Pistoleer/Frontiersman, Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:40:40 AM »
Yup... 'zackly what 4B and Fingers said!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Doe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:18 AM »
thanks guys will likely pick it up never own a blk powder revolver before it looks like lots of gun  ;D and learning too. I'll try to post pic when i get it.

Offline longcaribiner

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
Be cautious ye who enter here!  Tis a slipery slope into the dark arts of the Holy Black.  Like the proverbial potato chip, you can't have just one.  The obsessive compulsion to shoot and spend range time,  surpasses the comprehension of those who are not like afflicted.

Beware for these are the sort that multiply and cause men severe anguish as well as joy.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
Gunaholic?  Who me???  I can quit anytime I want to.   ::)

Fingers (who never saw a C&B he didnt want) McGee
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Man of many Colt's and alter ego of Diabolical Ken
SASS Regulator 28654-L-TG, Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire
Pistoleer/Frontiersman, Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Doe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »
Be cautious ye who enter here!  Tis a slipery slope into the dark arts of the Holy Black.  Like the proverbial potato chip, you can't have just one.  The obsessive compulsion to shoot and spend range time,  surpasses the comprehension of those who are not like afflicted.

Beware for these are the sort that multiply and cause men severe anguish as well as joy.
  Ya.. your right i do planing to get a set, i became addicted when i bought my Hawken and shoot FF real black! love the smell ever sense  ;D. I'm going to try to see if i can get good enough to be able to take a squrrils head at 20-25 yards. Its going to be a challenge and most of all the FUN factor  ;D ;D.