Author Topic: Leupold Vendetta? Anyone try one?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Dakota30.06

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
Leupold Vendetta? Anyone try one?
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:17:24 AM »
I just came accross the Leupold Vendetta ( a bow mounted laser range finder) in bowhunting magazine. Anyone have one of these?? how do you like it? Nothing i hate more than fumbling with my range finder...seems like a great idea!

Offline ronbow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Leupold Vendetta? Anyone try one?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »
I just came accross the Leupold Vendetta ( a bow mounted laser range finder) in bowhunting magazine. Anyone have one of these?? how do you like it? Nothing i hate more than fumbling with my range finder...seems like a great idea!

I guess I have to ask the question. Why do you need a range finder for bow hunting? I mean 40 yards max.

Offline Dakota30.06

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
personally I shoot out to 50 yards (when conditions are perfect) I like the added confidence of using a range finder so i can make the best shot possible...the difference between 30 & 40 yards can make a huge difference...lots of bow hunters use rangefinders

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
Yes, a lot of us use range finders from the blind to another point etc.  I when sitting in my stand, want to know certain points where a deer crosses, and which pins would be better used.  I personally have never used or know anyone that uses the Leupold Vendetta but can see a practical side to its use.

Offline Dakota30.06

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »
thats what I do now, pick out "landmarks" (stumps, stones, ect) so I know distances where the deer might cross...but when the big buck comes through I always second guess myself! figured this setup would be very practical!