Author Topic: hornet is no more in complete rifle...  (Read 788 times)

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
hornet is no more in complete rifle...
« on: March 02, 2010, 08:53:53 AM »
I just got off the phone with H&R customer service, I asked them about the hornet  being available in the complete rifle this year and the woman on the other end said it is no longer available.  but It is still an option for an accessory barrel.

I think that stinks!  >:( >:( >:(  :'(

I also asked if guns were actually being shipped out since many folks are having trouble getting their hands on certain rifles, ie the 30-30, TDC etc.
she said that they are being sent out, in what amount I dont know, but they should be out there.....somewhere.

Just thought Id pass on some info.

Good luck

Dave

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: hornet is no more in complete rifle...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »
Now call a couple more times and see if you get the same answers from someone else.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:12:32 AM »
Now call a couple more times and see if you get the same answers from someone else.  :-\

Tim

Really.

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 05:40:02 AM »
ok,

I took Quicks advise and I called again, just gave it some time to be sure, and the response I got was odd enough

The Hornet is not "discontinued" but it is not a catalog item anymore.  They may bring it back next year, or do a special run from time to time.  As far as accessory barrels this is what it was told.

They keep the hornets in stock, for the acc. barrel program and the special runs. so sounds like they would have em.

I will call again in a week or so, just to find out if I get that third different answer. ;D

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 05:46:15 AM »
Those guys in customer service don't seem to know their a$$ from their elbow. :-\

Spanky

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 06:12:25 AM »
Yeah I just called and asked for a set of sights for a handi and the guy was clueless. I told him never mind I would just order from Numrich.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline guns-o-fun

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
Did you ever try callng the IRS with a tax question.  It's getting to be like that - as many answers as calls.