Author Topic: just a thought  (Read 415 times)

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
just a thought
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:41:26 PM »
had an incident today that added a whole new aspect to carrying a firearm,
"Anger Management"! I encountered someone who really needed a good old fashioned
A$$ whoopin" I mean he needed it bad! And just as I started to administer said whoopin'
I realized I was armed. I was in no way in fear for my life, I just wanted to beat some
respect into this guy. That was some of the hardest steps I have ever taken when I walked
away from him. I guess this ended the best way but I sure wanted to knock him around
some.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Pinkerton

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Re: just a thought
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »
"an armed society is a polite society" the old saying goes along ways, I'm more apt to walk away when I carry and in the end that's a good thing usually. I've found that since I carry, I tend to act more responsible... less likely to get angry in traffic ( no bird flipping ) more attentive to surroundings. More apt to walk away from a fight than engage if fisticuffs. Much less likely to consider even one drink before doing anything. The anti-gun crowd should consider that old saying. it seems to work well for me.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
Re: just a thought
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
Plus somewhere along the way you decide some people will never figure it out.
Thumpings are not.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member