Author Topic: Kel-Tec SU16C Stock Upgrade  (Read 2010 times)

Offline bubbinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Kel-Tec SU16C Stock Upgrade
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »
FYI-Just got new issue of Gun Test magazine and they tested a Kel-Tec SU16CA against a couple other similar .223s.  Kel-Tec has come out with a pistol grip/adjustable stock like most ARs today to fit the SU-16. Cost was stated @$129. and it includes a new trigger group.  It looks good, and got good reviews. You can read Gun Tests online to check it out, I think.

Offline doubleaes2

Re: Kel-Tec SU16C Stock Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. ;D
A gun is a tool. No better, no worse than any other tool. A hammer, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the person using it.

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »
I put one on my SU16A.It took about thirty minutes ,to install. and was worth every penny. Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline Rex B

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07:36 AM »
But you appear to give up the folding stock capability, right?

If  that is true, it defeats the purpose of the gun.

Offline bubbinator

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »
I disagree.  The purpose of the gun is to shoot stuff accurately and comfortably.  While the OME stock is very concealable, it needs to be extended to fully to shoot the gun with any hope of accurate fire on target at other than point blank range.  The new  pistol drip stock enhances the accurate fire and makes it a more stable platform.  It is a no-brainer as an upgrade, IMHO. ::)

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:10:01 AM »
I agree with bubbinator,but you can have your cake and eat it too.Order just the pistol grip attachment(no stock) and then pick up a side folding AR stock. ::)Best of both worlds.Or just wait  I beleive that KelTec is coming out with a side folder. ;D
When I bought  the KelTec Su it was not for the folding capability, but rather it was the most affordable 223 semi automatic , with a proper gas system.I have had Ruger Mini 14's and to me no thanks  >:(.  Doug
a armed man is his own master