Author Topic: 10 gauge prices  (Read 992 times)

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
10 gauge prices
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
I am looking for a used NEF 10 gauge and can't find one anywhere.  If I have to go with a new one, what can I expect to pay for a SB2-103?

I bought one about 7 or so years ago and had to sell it before I ever even shot it.  I wish I never did but when your broke your broke.   :'(

Let me know.

Thx
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 10 gauge prices
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 02:19:57 PM »
I just did an internet search for them, didn't find one in stock, but lowest price was Bud's for $204, Able last listed it for $216, TGS is $218.

Tim

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_262/products_id/52888
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
Saw one used in a pawn shop today.  I didn't get the price but it looked brand new.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 07:41:10 AM »
I know where there is a nice used one for $175. PM me if interested.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »
Yeah I have debated one for turkeys, but after you buy the Gun($200-$250), a good choke tube($50), forcing cone job($75), and 4 brands of shells to pattern($75) --- You could have $400 - $450. I know you can't get another 10 for that, but I bought a nice Winchester 12 ga only 1 year old for that a while back. I think I will just shoot my old 870 until it falls apart and then start over.

I do wish you luck in finding one. Nothing is as frustrating as wanting to buy a certain gun, having the $$$ to buy it, and not being able to find it!

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. 

It looks like I am not going to be able to get one.  :'(  The wife found out about the quest and squashed my plans.  Its my fault as I was feeling guilty about buying it behind her back and told her.  What was I thinking????

Since this post, a friend is going to help me out with my need anyway.

It is strange that no one has them new available, especially this close to turkey season.  If they are sold out, there must be a demand.  They need to make more of them faster.

I do have one unique question on this topic.  Will the NEF shoot a 2 7/8 inch shell?  The NEF website says the chamber is "3 1/2" does that mean up to that measurement or only 3 1/2 shells? 

If I ever do discover oil in my back yard, I would like to get one and shoot the shorter shells.  No real reason except to be different.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:38:47 AM »
www.budsgunshop.com

In stock $254 delivered to your FFL.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!