Author Topic: Pa. and Tx. Does not honor OH.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Pa. and Tx. Does not honor OH.
« on: March 07, 2010, 06:47:32 AM »
Why is it that Pa. And Texas does not Honor Ohio's CCW permit holders??
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pa. and Tx. Does not hohor OH.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »
It might be because Ohio does not honor PA. and Tx.  ?

That is sometimes the way it works.  I don't know why PA. or Texas would honor any state that does not honor them. 

There is a list of who Ohio honors...I did not see PA. or Texas on it...but it might be an old list too, could not find a date on it.  Beats me.

Jim

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
Texas offers CCL reciprocity with, I believe, many States that honor Texas's CCL.  If a State chooses not to honor a Texas CCL, then reciprocity might not exist.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
Here's a list of Texas CCL reciprocity and unilateral States, and the related documents.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/reciprocity.htm
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »
Many states that Texas does not honor do not have a TRAINING AND QUALIFICATION program to go along with the licensing. In other words you simply apply for the license and you get one. In Texas, you have to take a course, and qualify with the weapon.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline highwayman

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »
Many states that Texas does not honor do not have a TRAINING AND QUALIFICATION program to go along with the licensing. In other words you simply apply for the license and you get one. In Texas, you have to take a course, and qualify with the weapon.
can you qualify with one weapon and carry another??????

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Re: Pa. and Tx. Does not honor OH.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
in Ohio You have to Take a safty Course and Qualify .   Like 16Hrs is required.  Sad I don't remember How many hours the class was. Was Two Days worth.   Class room, Then Range time and Qualifing.   
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 04:10:03 PM »
can you qualify with one weapon and carry another??????

Sure can.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
In Texas, if you qualify with a revolver you can't carry a semi----but if you qualify with a semi you can carry either or both.
Now, if you qualify with a ma duce---well, that may be a little difficult to keep from printing   ;) :-*
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »
In Texas, if you qualify with a revolver you can't carry a semi----but if you qualify with a semi you can carry either or both.
Now, if you qualify with a ma duce---well, that may be a little difficult to keep from printing   ;) :-*
Blessings

That's true.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 07:04:20 AM »
in Ohio You have to Take a safty Course and Qualify .   Like 16Hrs is required.  Sad I don't remember How many hours the class was. Was Two Days worth.   Class room, Then Range time and Qualifing.   

I just took the OH course: 12 hrs. total, including 6hrs in the classroom + 6hrs on the range with qualifying. you can qualify with one gun and carry with another one in OH.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline jng

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 02:58:36 AM »
If you have an Ohio and you wish to care in Pa. Tx. and a few others, go to Centre County Pa.,  the SO page.   Fill the app. copy your Ohio CC and DL, add $25.00 with a self-address envolope.  Your good to go.

Joe

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:59:16 AM »
A friend of mine that lives in Tx. says alot of Texans get Az lic so they can carry more places . I know in Va. at one time it was the thing to get a Fl. lic.
 Now many states will recip with lic to in state lic. holders but not out of state lic. holders  ???  anti carry govt. workers  :D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline HogFan

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
Blessings

The same holds true with Arkansas as well.

Offline tonantius

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »
Ohio does not reciprocate with Colorado but Pennsylvania does. It is a pain when traveling. I have a Utah non-resident permit which gives me more states, but does not give me Ohio nor West Virginia. It looks like I will gain Iowa soon. I recently acquired Nebraska through reciprocity. I don't understand why states just reciprocate any other. It would make it easier.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 01:40:25 AM »
In nys your permit qualifies you to own and/or carry a concealed firearm; your choice of firearm is yours.  nys will not reciprocate with states that do not require some degree of training, qualification and background check, and I suspect many other states are the same.  I also have a Florida ccw and between Fl/ny I am legal in about 39 or 40 states, and either never say anything about guns or flat out avoid places where I'm not recognized/legal.  I will not set foot in neu joisey, dc, chi-town or a couple of places in kalifornika but regardless of where I am it remains concealed and not spoken to unless needed and nobody knows that I have one.

Offline bubba15301

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »
If you have an Ohio and you wish to care in Pa. Tx. and a few others, go to Centre County Pa.,  the SO page.   Fill the app. copy your Ohio CC and DL, add $25.00 with a self-address envolope.  Your good to go.

Joe
i think  in Pa now  for a non resident license to carry you have to apply in person at the sheriff office
BUBBA

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:06 PM »
A friend of mine that lives in Tx. says alot of Texans get Az lic so they can carry more places . I know in Va. at one time it was the thing to get a Fl. lic.

Now in AZ you don't need anything to carry either way, just put it in your pocket and to to town.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »
Just do it--don't ask, don't tell.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Greeenriver

• Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
In MI. when you qualify for a CCW, the pick of guns is up to you. You can cary a revolver or a semi-auto, or a single shot or derranger, don't matter.

MI. honors a lot of other states, bit only permits to residents of the state the permit is from. MI. requires a class room and live shooting for qualification.

Hope this helps some of you a bit.

Greeenriver
Most of life's problems can be handled by a sutiable application of high explosives

Offline RB Rooson

• Contributor
  • "If you come for mine, be sure to bring yours!"
    • http://www.ptca.00go.com
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 02:50:07 AM »
Did I read last week that since the upsurge in CCW licenses that the FBI stats on the murder rate has dropped 7-8%?  Now, how did that happen?  Certain members of our society would have you believe that the norm is exactly the opposite.

How do they react in the face of facts?  And is it not odd that the major networkds somehow fail to report things like this?  If they were truly trying to better America, would it not be judicious to let the populace know.....?
SASS #16974 - Duelist
SBSS # 1195 (O.G.B.) LXXIX
BOLD # 352

"Everyday I pray to be the man that my dog thinks I am!"