Author Topic: Patch designs for the almost annual 3rd New River Cannon & Mortar Cacoffiny  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Well if he bolts two 16" tubes together he should be able to get past the atmosphere
and then it's just a matter of math........ the issue I see is the golf ball bore or smaller rule........

Perhaps a depleted uranium golf-ball in a 16" sabot?
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Well if he bolts two 16" tubes together he should be able to get past the atmosphere
and then it's just a matter of math........ the issue I see is the golf ball bore or smaller rule........

Perhaps a depleted uranium golf-ball in a 16" sabot?

By-George! I think you found the combination...... the sabot should be made out of an amalgam of mercury for added weight .....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
With my luck the balloon would probably be shot down by some cannnoneer over Denver, CO.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Here they are:
(The background is The Bullet's Flight, a book by Dr. Franklin Mann.)

Cat,
I'm sure that this won't come as a shock to anybody, but I am now thoroughly confused. "Here they are:" Yes they certainly are there; aren't they? Are those your medals? Are those the medals that are going to be given as awards/prizes at the shoot? Are those originals that will be copied and presented at the shoot? Are we living on a small blue planet that is hurtling through space?

FYI: EX49er asked for a medal on a ribbon with cannons so I had this one made at the trophy store. Now all he has to do is show-up and win it 8)

Richard, "The Mysterious"
"EX49er asked for a medal on a ribbon with cannons so I had this one made at the trophy store."
So members of the "Craft" actually do know magic, the medal to the uninitiated like myself, appears to be invisible.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline lance

With all this talk about balloons, it time for a report. This afternoon i picked up an 8 foot long barrel, which will be perfect for a sabot/golfball combo. It feels great to tinker in my little shop, glad i have 4 months till the shoot. Don't worry, i ain't built a bad gun yet :o
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
Moob J
You're giving the rest of us Polacks a bad rep'. :-[   Try to keep up with us. ::)  The ribboned medal in question was designed by me at the trophy store from stock parts and I sent it to CAT, along with a pin of a pair of crossed cannons. I did this free of charge. I suggested that they be awarded at the rendezvous for whatever he decided to award them for.  Toy yest dobra. Tock?  Read replies 21 & 24.  :-\

I know I am going to pay for this. I can feel him thinking now. Go easy on me John. I'm a frail old man. :P

(Translation from the Polish available upon request ;))

Richard "The Glutton for Punishment"

Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline KABAR2

Richard "The Glutton for Punishment"

Richard are you a 1st degree or 2nd degree "Glutton for Punishment" ?
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Moob J huh, excuse me while I transcribe that bit of esoteric cleverness to my diary lest it get lost to posterity. Frail old man my a__, more like mean old man. I'll prove you wrong Rich, I'm going to give you a pass on your nasty post, and the reasons for doing so are threefold: 1. I'm genuinely fond of you. 2. You may be on some heavy duty meds to relieve your back pain. 3. And most importantly; you are in the possesion of some fine lumber, (if I recall correctly, Teak, Cherry, and even some Rock Maple that might be left over from your project) that when you finally experience an epiphanous awakening that informs you of how truly fond you really are of me, you are going to want to present to me gratis. ::)

John, "The Son You Never Had (or is that Wanted)." :D
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
Glad to see understanding was achieved peacefully.

I'll try to be less cryptic next time.   Maybe.

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Tim....don't be, "less cryptic". We can handle all the in-coming. ;D

BTW if anyone ever read Beetle Bailey and saw its artillery in action, they'll understand moob ???.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Well, Rich, that's not bad. I thought you might come back and respond with something like, 'I'd sooner see that wood burn, than give it to a whelp like you'! :o

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
Well, Rich, that's not bad. I thought you might come back and respond with something like, 'I'd sooner see that wood burn, than give it to a whelp like you'! :o

Maybe if it were colder out?   :o
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline KABAR2

Well a couple of days ago I had said I would post a photo of a patch I had designed,

I finally remembered to bring it home from work.....

Offline lance

Allen, COOL Patch, have any extras? i collect them too.

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Tim,
Don't worry; my carriage building wood is safe but since we stopped raising polled Herfords, we have been burning the locust fence posts. We sure have alot of them and they burn better than church yard moss. We heat mostly with wood.  It's snowing hard right now and we had sleet and freezing rain all day. The stove in the living room feels great.

Set your clocks ahead.

rc

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter

Maybe if it were colder out?   :o

Tim,
You are a Moderator, one of your sworn duties must be to stop others from sowing the seeds of discord, not to plant them yourself. :D

That's right Richard, now you just lay back and let the heat from the burning locust warm you up nice and toasty warm, and as you gently drift off to sleep you may perchance happen to dream of how good it would make you feel to more actively cultivate the already beneficent nature of your character. :)

Offline KABAR2

Lance I may have one more sample, if I can find it it's yours, we had a couple of shirts embroidered with these,
unfortunately They are long gone, the one I photographed I had in a frame on my office wall at work.  

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
Tim,
You are a Moderator, one of your sworn duties must be to stop others from sowing the seeds of discord, not to plant them yourself. :D

Yes, but 5th column is near and dear to my heart!   :o ;D
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline lance

Lance I may have one more sample, if I can find it it's yours, we had a couple of shirts embroidered with these,
unfortunately They are long gone, the one I photographed I had in a frame on my office wall at work.  

I'll try and round up some small souvenirs from the area, and hand them out at the shoot.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Tim,

Yes, but 5th column is near and dear to my heart!   :o ;D

Ha! A fellow subversive; now I know why I like you. ;)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works

Comrad !   (the capitalist kind)   ;D
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline lance

Hey, i sent in a drawing, Allen sent in a drawing, will any other folks send in a drawing?

Offline KABAR2

Hey, i sent in a drawing, Allen sent in a drawing, will any other folks send in a drawing?

Let's hope so, I would hate to see this die on the vine so to speak.......

Offline lance

Well, if we are the only two folks to send in a drawing, how many folks will vote?

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
I like the idea of the final decision being a concensus of those that submitted ideas.  Votes are ok too, but I respect the principle of rewarding those that labor.

We're not yet at a point of making a decision.  Let's let this simmer for a while.

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired