Author Topic: Hunting the rut in southern Arkansas  (Read 465 times)

Offline BIG POPPA

• Trade Count: (0)
Hunting the rut in southern Arkansas
« on: November 12, 2003, 08:13:02 PM »
I hunt in Southern Arkansas near the La. state line. Gun season started this past Saturday Nov. 8 and my family up there said it looks like they are rutting as we speak. My point being I will be up there Nov. 19 will they still be in rut or will I be getting there on the downhill side of it. Any info will be appreciated.
HUNT TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME

Offline razmuz

• Contributor
LOTS OF DEER
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 01:26:59 PM »
I just got back from Pike County and our party of five got seven deer.  I've been hunting there since 1963 and have never seen so many deer.  I only had a three day license, but maxed out the first day.  I don't know anything about the "RUT" though.  One of my hunting companions was your State Treasurer.  If your ever in Little Rock go by the Capitol and she his hunting stuff.  He's 77 years old and hunts everything that runs, flies or swims.  Tell him Uncle Pete asked you to drop by.

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
Hunting the rut in southern Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 08:10:48 PM »
Hi i live in the North cen. part of the state and the bucks i have seen are still working scrapes i killed a 7 point opening day he was working a scrape line and the doe's i have seen have been by themself my friend said called me on the phone and said he miss a buck chaseing a doe but i havent seen any they are still scrapeing and rubbing there where i hunt good luck VM