Author Topic: Resale market declining.  (Read 714 times)

Offline snakeskinner

• Trade Count: (4)
Resale market declining.
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »
You guys see the Dick's Sporting Goods flyer today? Camo 308, 22-250 and 223 with scope on sale for $259. Won't that kinda make used handi values go down?
Get right with the Man.

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
Re: Resale market declining.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »
It could.  Methinks the state of the economy and supply and demand of a slow-moving "market" might be what you're seeing.  What worries me more than anything is if Remington was to kill the Barrel Accessory Program.  Then prices could go up considerably!

Thank God most here at GBO seem to be entreprenuers who still believe in capitalism (and "free" enterprise!!!).

Yeah, if suppliers or vendors are forced to lower prices to lower or move inventories and make sales, that will be good and bad.  Good for those who have the jack and want to buy something at a good price, but not so good for those (used or new) sellers who have to reduce their prices to move their items.

However I did see a rare .357 mag barrel for sale this weekend.  Seller got his price in only 20min!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
A temporary price reduction is just that, temporary. I can see it as drawing more into this great little world of Handi's, and the more people that are addicted the more people that want them. I would rather see prices go down than go up anyway. Who would want prices to go UP, and why would you want to see that? I did not buy any of mine for an "investment", I bought them because I wanted them....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:55:05 PM »
I hate to say it but used Handi barrel prices are going crazy on here lately. :-\
I've seen whole used rifles go for what a 357 barrel just went for.

Spanky

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:15 PM »
They're  not in my Dick's ad.  :(

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:07:51 PM »
I think that is getting a little more inline with what they where before the obamanation scare.
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
I think that is getting a little more inline with what they where before the obamanation scare.

Could be..they could be trying to bring in people who have a little extra cash to spend or just could be Dick's getting rid of inventory as well. Tax time is here you know..for both business and individuals..

Bad thing about this..is Remington isn't releasing any to the major suppliers..That might be strategic on their part as well to clear some of the over stock over priced bolt guns..

Sorry...maybe I've read too many Tom Clancy novels lately.. ;D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline manatee1947

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
Just like the covers on my current gun mags, the only "in thing"  seems to be black rifles and accessories, and semi-auto PD pistols. Handi's, marlins, remingtons themselves, all seem like a very pared down selection. Not much classic, traditional, and hunting variety. Probably due to economy, but if that kills off mfgrs because higher profits elsewhere, the could be just as gone.Hope not.
remember the starfish

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
In the past 45 yrs that Ive 'sort of' been paying attention there have been a number of things I thought I might like to own, but didnt buy at the time, thinking that they will be around, they always have been.
Well, you know where this is going, and youve all seen Handi models/cals dropped, and even H&R went under before........
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Mike in Virginia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »
Never had a Handi I wanted to sell. 

Offline Bladeforger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
+1 on keeping them
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »
Never had a Handi I wanted to sell. 
What he said!