Author Topic: Gander MTN. Sale  (Read 1064 times)

Offline ham7777

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
  • Contributor
  • Two wrongs do not make a right.
Gander MTN. Sale
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:15:16 AM »
HI all, just recieved an e-mail from Gander Mtn. looks like they are having a big gun sell,had a good many Handi's listed.  :) ;D :) ;D Happy Days    Tom
Highpower Rifle Sharpshooter Class NRA Endowment Member Army 68-71 RVN 1969 117 AHC Warlords/135 AHC EMU Get the Bloody Job Done/ Me and the Aussies at BearCat RVN 1969

.22 Hornet,.223,.243,.308,38-55(3)(2),44mag.,.45Colt,45-70(20+) .20ga.,(3)16ga.,Huntmans .50cal. Huntman's .58cal. 20 ga. Green Wing,12ga Trap,30-30 AI,35 Remington.12ga. Turkey.22-250 Rem,30-30Win.280 Rem, 7mm08Rem,.30Ebbs,.410/45Colt,.410,30-06,.45 Huntsman,12GA. Huntsman,.44mag Shirkari 45-70 Shirkari (2) 22-250Rem. 25-06 .270 .17Rem Fireball (stub)  7X57AI. 500S&W mag. 450 Marlin mag. 2 H&R 45-70 Trap Doors 2 H&R 48 16ga.

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
Re: Gander MTN. Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 05:21:56 AM »
Wish I was in the market. I got a couple I want to add. I just got too many other gun projects going right now. I have two at the gunsmith and two waiting for scopes. I could just take that money put those aside and go buy a new one! ;D ;D ;D
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
thanks for the update. Gonna have to stop in this weekend. Don't need anything.....but that's never stopped me before  ;)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:59 PM »
guy at gander mt. told me that they were going out of reloading supplies

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
guy at gander mt. told me that they were going out of reloading supplies

Hard to believe but our local GM has less reloading supplies and ammo for that matter than I do.
Seems like all they care about is selling clothing, high $$ guns and fishing gear.
I only shop there as a last source.
Almost any place around me can and does beat their prices, especially on ammo.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
They should get out of R.S. They are way too high. 4.99 primers, 7.99 BR primers ;D 29.99 powder, 39.99 100 brass ::) Bullets are 29.99 per 100 Bal tips. They had a 243 P.W. and a 44mag camo syn with scope for 350.00 that they can't get rid of. Has the silver rec.
All I get there now is the free powder. 4lbs the last two times there ;D
Next they will be selling fishing line at a BUCK a foot >:(

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »
GM is an interesting operation. Apparently they will ship guns from store to store for you if you ask. As far as I know, they never ran out of primers for the last year. They just charged a pile of $ and sold them in 100 packs. They have overpriced new guns, but they have them. And after 3 months or a couple of display scratches, they will work with you on price. Their used guns can be priced very well. Just got to keep checking. Their used guns are always clean, unlike the cobweb filled barrels I see at mom & pop shops. And they have a 1 year warranty on used guns. All this is based on my knowledge of my local GM. YMMV.

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »
They were out or when they got primers in they were gone instanly in my store.
I have got some good deals on guns here. I TRY to buy some things from them if it's not too ridiculous. We have had a few good gun and sporting goods stores go out of business here and I DON"T want this to happen to Gander. There are a few shops here that have R.S. at a more reasonable price. Someone must be paying their prices and I am glad as I would hate to see them leave. They have a lot of stuff that would be hard to find if they left. Dicks doesn't seem to have much for me and there are two stores here. Seems everytime a good store is here with good prices they can't make it. Must be telling me something.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
I was told by the local GM also the one at Janesville and Kenosha WI that all the reloading stuff will be availible from the mail order store when it gets set up and that most stores will not be selling RS. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »
Mine just got in a bunch of powder finally. I went shopping today and got a few things at some other stores. Found a new gunshop and he didn't have much cause he said he paid for it all. Did have some 200gr 44 xtps I've been looking for 19.99. Sinclairs is closing their counter sales soon and going to all mail order. Got two new dewey rods and some 185 45 XTPs. Another shop had a new 357 Handi $250. and a nickle/stainless looking 22 mag sportster with grey lams and scope rail for $150 used and filthy. Never seen one of those. Dicks had nothing I wanted but did have the three camo scoped Handis on the shelf.
If Gander goes to mail order only for supplies I hope they lower their prices to offset shipping and hazmat. Yea right.

Offline Lazermule

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:01:35 AM »
I was told by the local GM also the one at Janesville and Kenosha WI that all the reloading stuff will be availible from the mail order store when it gets set up and that most stores will not be selling RS. Kurt

I wouldn't have an issue buying ALL of my RS by mail order but the government shipping surcharge on powder and primers is a killer.  GM should get out of the RS business as their prices are way out of line in my area.  "Decent" deals on guns can still be had, but nothing real spectacular. 

LM
LAZERMULE

If I would have asked the people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse....-Henry Ford

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 05:51:24 AM »
Ive got to wonder what marketing wizard cant figure out how to price/sell product and actually make some money (and a customer base).
If a bar cant get people in to buy beer, then their beers are just too high priced compared to the one down the street that is  ALWAYS BUSY!
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 12:02:38 PM »
bigvarmnt does not live very far from me. We go to the same GM, I am sure. They did get a bunch of powder in, but at $30 a pound I would have to be very desperate to buy. After all, if you buy 2 pounds of powder on line you just broke even and any thing above that you start puling ahead. They had lots of CCI primers too, but at $5/100 and $8/100 for CCI BR4 primers, again, 1K primers and you break even on Hazmat fees. I would like to do business with them, but at those prices, I am not doing business there. Sorry to hear about Sinclair counter sales going down, I do not stop there a lot, but do once in awhile. Just another local source that is drying up.

I got a GM sale flier in the mail. Lots of guns in there and some ammo too. But again, on most of their stuff, it is expensive and the sale just gets it back to reasonable, but not great. For the most part GM has been charging full retail on their guns. Then they come out and knock a few bucks off. However, they do have SOME decent deals. They have a Browning Cynergy 12 ga for $1500 and it comes with a bunch of free stuff, of course, most of it is just junk to me, a shooting cap, hard case, soft case, range bag and $100 gift card are worth some thing, but I would not buy them. They have a heavy barreled .223 StevensXP w/ a 4X12 scope for $500 (a Gander exclusive). To me that is not a very good deal for instance. A $130 barrel does not add up with a $280 gun. I just bought a 30-06 (you can get .223s for the same price) with a mounted scope for $280 - changed it over to a 7-08 for $130 more and viola I had an after market barreled custom Stevens for $410. For $90 more you can get an good after market trigger and then you really have a much better gun at the same price. You really have to watch.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
just got back from the Gander MT in town here, only H&R on sale was a USH 20ga. All the SB2 were 299.00 and the ones with the choate varmint stock were 350 if I remember.  SOOOOO I will not be getting mine there LOL. too bad they had a couple I would have liked to have.

Dave

Offline Lazermule

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
I wasted my lunch hour going to GM today.  Yep, the big sale brings them back into the reasonable realm.  I did see a Tracker II 12ga in real nice shape for $99 though...  I got excited when it said 30% off thinking that it was another 30% off of the $99 and it would have been mine.  I already have one and the one I have I only paid $75 for so I figured I didn't need 2 unless it was real cheap although the $99 was decent I think...

Anyway, that was the best deal and everything else was un-attractive pricewise.  I probably would have bought the new Taurus slim-9mm today if they'd have had a decent deal but nope...$425 was just a bit steep (+$75 over Buds).....Sheesh.

Maybe I'll go offer them $75 for that Tracker II?????

LM
LAZERMULE

If I would have asked the people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse....-Henry Ford

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 04:59:36 AM »
They can call it a 'sale' and still not move product due to this pricing. I say offer them what you think is reasonable and are willing to pay, regardless of what is tagged, and be ready to walk. They will start to get the message.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974