Author Topic: Rifle barrels on SB2 Ultra Slug Hunter?  (Read 431 times)

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
Rifle barrels on SB2 Ultra Slug Hunter?
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:27:56 AM »
Since the 12 gauge USH barrel is rated SB2,  shouldn't one be able to add CF rifle barrels to the receiver?  The info from factory says only shotgun barrels can be added to shotgun frames....And why aren't the receivers stamped SB1 or SB2 instead of the barrels?  Doesn't make sense to me....  Thanks in advance
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
Re: Rifle barrels on SB2 Ultra Slug Hunter?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:33:25 AM »
There are a lot of things about H&R that don't make sense, but you cannot put any barrel on the 12 gauge USH frame besides that 12 gauge USH barrel or a 10 gauge shotgun barrel. This is due to the large barrel used for both barrels. Also the frame is an SB2 shotgun frame, which is different than an SB2 rifle frame.

For what it is worth, you can put low pressure barrels like 357 mag and 44 mag on SB1 shotgun frames. You can also put any shotgun barrel except for 12 gauge USH barrel or a 10 gauge on any SB2 rifle frame.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!