Poll

Wanted Local Florida Gunsmith

t
0 (0%)
s
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Gunsmith SB2  (Read 377 times)

Offline flhr95

• Trade Count: (0)
Gunsmith SB2
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
Looking for a local florida Gunsmith (Ocala, Fl. 34479) to do a cut to 19" and recrown on my SB2 USH. I have called many but all say they would charge more than the gun is worth, I've seen some fantastic looking shorties posted on this site and would like to follow suit. Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance, flhr95@gmail.com
The sky is not a limit. Rather, it's an invitation... to ride and discover all that lies beneath the clouds.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Gunsmith SB2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »
I have no idea what "t" and "s" indicate so I did not vote. I do suggest you do it yourself and cut it about 1/4" - 1/2" longet than you really want it, square it, dress it, and shoot it. If you want later just have a gunsmith finish the crown, cheap way out....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Gunsmith SB2
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »
If it is a rifled barrel it will need to be crowned.  You can do it with a round grinding stone then finish it off with some lapping compound and a round knob of some sort.