Author Topic: .380 ammo  (Read 2630 times)

Offline tonantius

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: .380 ammo
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »
I have found ammo at Cabela's. I have seen some intermittently at Walmart as well.

Offline Centaur 1

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »
I have about 500 primed casings I have been using out of but I shoot at an indoor range and you can not pick up brass that falls ahead of the line. The Kahr can through the casing about as far as the bullet.

Doug

It's the same way at the range I shoot at. People reaching out ahead of the firing line to pick up brass has caused such a problem that the range personnel periodically come along and push the brass with a broom so that it can't be reached. I haven't made it yet, but here's my idea. I am planning on getting some cheap cloth about 3 feet wide and 6 feet long, maybe an old curtain. Then I need to ask my mother-in-law to sew magnets in the corners and one about every foot along the edge. At the range that I shoot at I'll hang one end of the cloth on the steel framework at the top of the booth, from the midway point out to the right side of the shooting lane. If I shoot so that my bullets are just missing the curtain, my empties usually fly forward at an angle and they'll hit the curtain and fall straight down instead of flying forward of the firing line. I'm even thinking that if my idea works, maybe I could fold the bottom to form a pocket that'll catch all of the brass.

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 10:20:52 AM »
That curtain idea is a good one, wish I'd thought of it. >:(  Cheesecloth might work well also, & it's very light weight.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 03:51:50 PM »
Guess you could slip a ladies nylon stocking over it while you shoot. Then just empty the sock.

Somebody else need to try it and let me know if it works and what kind of looks you get. ;D

Doug

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »
I was in the local Farm and Fleet yesterday, and there was at least 20, 50 round boxes of Remington FMJ 380 ammo on the shelf, FOR $15 A BOX!   :o

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »
Bought the last two boxes of Winchester ball of the shelf at the local Wallyworlld yesterday, $13.88 a box plus tax.................I wasn't looking for it, just happen to see it. ::)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
At a gun show in Abilene,TX today the sam ammo I purchased for $13.88 a box was selleing for $30.00 a box.  I asked the dealer "Why so high?" He said, "That's what it cost me." Sounds like someone is full of bulla, I'm sure he was making a handsome profit, maybe even purchased where I did.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
I was in the local Farm and Fleet yesterday, and there was at least 20, 50 round boxes of Remington FMJ 380 ammo on the shelf, FOR $15 A BOX!   :o

Cheese
so how many did you buy?

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
I bought 2 boxes, like I always do. Dont want to spend alot or hoard.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »
Buds and Sportsman's Warehouse in Lexington both have Remington for $19 a box. Wally World has it for $17 when they have it in stock.

Doug