Author Topic: WASR 10-63 gas piston question  (Read 992 times)

Offline donzov

• Trade Count: (0)
WASR 10-63 gas piston question
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:37:27 PM »
    I've got a century arms WASR 10-63 that I love to shoot. I've got about 1500 rounds through it now and have had no problems at all. This thing is so fun and reliable that I'm thinking of getting rid of my RRA AR15.
    Well back to my question. Century arms puts a small weld in one of the pin holes in the BCG to hold the gas piston in place rather than a pin. Now my gas piston is begining to wobble a little and I'm worried that it may come out some day.
    What I need to know is has anyone else had this problem and what eventualy happened to their gas piston.
    I suppose I could pin it but does this require a special pin or reamer to install it or can I simply use a roll pin and hope that it's strong enough.
    And for those who are interested, yes I would recomend one of these rifles to anyone who wants to get into AK style rifles,they're cheap (329.00) and they are fun and accurate.
                                                                          Donzov

Offline Default_Required

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: WASR 10-63 gas piston question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:13:57 AM »
Don ,

I have a mid 90s model MAK 90 made by Norinco of China , Its a bit better built then some others out there and accurate at 100 on a shilouete even with the stock folded . it too has a slight movement in the piston arm , not much but is something you can feel . 5000+/- rounds through it and still as reliable as the sun rising.

If you are talking about an obscene amount of play then I would address it . Or maybe one of the other guys can chime in on this with something I have yet to encounter.

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
Re: WASR 10-63 gas piston question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »
 Are you sure its not pinned and THEN welded?  My SAR-1 was done so.  Mine has been wobbly the last 2 cases and has yet to let go.