Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Project  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Wounded Warrior Project
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
Hello everyone,
  As I have told some of you, I have been working on another project. This time the project wasn't a Handi or even another gun at all.  It has been to purchase a Wounded Warrior Project banner here on GBO.

I have been working with the Wounded Warriors for quite some time. I was an Infantry Medic in Iraq from 2003-2004, where some of my closest comrades lost limbs and their lives were forever changed. The Wounded Warrior Project was there providing financial support for them and their families during their times of need.

I ask that you click on the link and place a tax-deductible donation to this great cause. Every penny helps, no donations are too big or too small.

Please remember that the strength of this great Nation is a sum of it's part and everyone has a part.

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE!

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/board,127.0.html

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Wounded Warrior Project
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:15:15 AM »
This is a great project guys, my club sponsored a Picnic/shooting outing last year and and a bunch of range officers, myself included. all volunteered to assist. It was a full day of shooting, rifles (mostly AR's) at the rifle range and shotguns on the trap and skeet ranges. We also had a big picnic for the Vets. They all came in a big VA bus from the VA Hospital and many where in wheel chairs and missing limbs. We instructors supplied the AR's and the club supplied the ammo. I brought a couple of retro Viet Nam era AR's that really brought smiles (and tears) to a few. It turned out the Vets in wheelchairs were more comfortable with the AR's with short "entry" stocks so I have been building up 2 more retro guns with Rock River Arms entry stocks for them to use this year. A great time was had by all and I don't know if we the volunteers, or the Vets got more out of it. As they were loaded onto the bus I quickly gathered the range officers together on the side of the dirt road at the range and as they drove by we all gave them a slaute. Talk about smiles!!! many saluted back, a couple waved, and those smiles from guys who gave so much for our country was worth every long hot dusty minute and more. We recieved a nice letter from the guys after they got back from the hospital as well as a letter from the nurse who came with them saying that the visit/shoot/picnic at our little club was the best time they had had all year, that they were still talking and kidding each other about it and the shooting ability of each other and that they were looking forward to next year. So are we, I can hardly wait...It's a great cause guys, get involved, you will be glad you did....<><....:)

While we were at the rifle range a friend of mine, a Lieutenant on the local PD came by in uniform to meet the guys, shake thier hands, and thank them for thier service. Just a few short weeks before this, his son, a marine L/Cpl, was killed in combat in Iraq. His son Nick was buried just 2 weeks before this day...as Steve was walking around shaking hands the word got out about his son and all the Vets were especially thankful for Steve's visit.....

Happy Easter to everyone....<><....:)    
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline john-78

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »
dinny, let me know when your ready to do a wounded warrior gun.  i've got a 12ga. barrel that would love to be donated. ;) 

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 08:59:12 AM »
Dinny,

Thanks for the reminder.  I just made a contribution in memory of Sgt. Joe Vanek, 82nd ABN C-Co  2-325, KIA by direct fire in Baghdad 12Nov07.  He was a team leader in my son's platoon.  But, a real motivation was for a kid named Derek Weida who survived the bullets but basically had his knee blown away while entering a HVT house.  For weeks at Walter Reed the doctors didn't even know how to proceed.  The aftermath is truly an inspiring story.

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »
Dinny,
Thanks for the reminder.  I just made a contribution in memory of Sgt. Joe Vanek, 82nd ABN C-Co  2-325, KIA by direct fire in Baghdad 12Nov07.  He was a team leader in my son's platoon.  But, a real motivation was for a kid named Derek Weida who survived the bullets but basically had his knee blown away while entering a HVT house.  For weeks at Walter Reed the doctors didn't even know how to proceed.  The aftermath is truly an inspiring story.

Thanks you for your support and keeping us in your thoughts.

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
Here's a bump for a worthy cause...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
Holiday Weekend Bump  :)

Thomas Paine

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 04:39:44 PM »
Have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

http://www.usba.com/memorialday2010/

"All gave some, some gave all"

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine