Author Topic: Any input on the Mueller 8-32×44 Target Scope?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Any input on the Mueller 8-32×44 Target Scope?
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
I am looking to put some new glass on top of a Remington 700 SPS Varmint 22-250. I was wondering if anyone here has ever owned and used one of these Mueller 8-32×44 Target Scopes. I would like to know if they shoot the box and the adjustments are repeatable? How clear is it even on the higher power? Do you have to hold your eye just right to see through it on higher powers? Any input would be helpfull. Thanks Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Any input on the Mueller 8-32×44 Target Scope?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »
good scope, worth the money.If you want perfection break out another 4-5 hundred bucks and go for it.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
Worth a try I suppose. 

I understand that just about everyone is on a budget, and some have more than others (I definitely don't have much to throw around these days).  I am though, a big believer in the "You get what you pay for." theory.

Might it shoot the box and be repeatable...yes.  Would I bet money on it being able to do that range trip after range trip, and after a few outings in the field...no.

Good luck.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
I've no complaints about any of the 7 Muellers I own, they've been very reliable for the 4-5yrs that I've owned them. Had one loose it's gas seal, I had a new replacement 7 days after I sent it to them, can't complain about that.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:50:39 AM »
You know what...you are probably right.  For somebody who doesn't crank on thier scope a lot adjusting for elevation and windage you will probably get a lot longer service out of them.

I occasionally forget that not all shooters are into the same niche that I am.  ;)