Author Topic: Info on Osprey rifle scopes  (Read 739 times)

Offline Bravo 51...Over

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
Info on Osprey rifle scopes
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:49:25 AM »
Anyone have any experience with an Osprey 6-24x50 on any rifles with the recoil equal to a 45-70?  I have one I plan on putting on a CVA 45-70 with a JB muzzle brake.  Osprey states that it is rated up to a 50BMG.  I don't want to try a bunch of different scopes to find one that will stand up this rile.

Thanks,
Dave
Written on a cardboard C-ration case, Khe Sanh 1968..." For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected never know." Author unknown

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Info on Osprey rifle scopes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »
Never heard of one, but that happens about once per week on this thread.  Where do you fellows find these scopes?  I don't live near a big box sporting store so I am not up on the latest stuff.

Offline dross80

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »
I bought one at a gun show - looked through the demo, didn't really pay attention when he handed me one from his stock rather than boxing the one he showed me.  Might have been two different lines.  The demo was bright and clear, the one I took home was dull and fuzzy around the edges.

Offline Varmintnut260

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
I have a 6-24x50 Ospery scope on my AR (not much recoil). Since purchasing it Ive actually been pretty happy with it. Although mine seems to be a little on the heavy side.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:54:44 PM »
For low priced scopes I have seen them around, but haven't looked through any of them. they look promising though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgdW1nKWd2g

-Aaron

Offline Poopers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »
I know a guy that just put an osprey on his new Bushmaster 50bmg. He hasnt shot it much but so far he says its one of the best deals he has found in scopes. He tells me the optics are crystal clear. I havent seen any in person though..