Author Topic: Coehorn Mortars  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Coehorn Mortars
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »
Lance,
I've been told that a watched pot never boils, so it may well be that this topic has run its course, that is, unless one of those books that you have provides evidence that the U.S. began manufacturing 12-pdr Coehorns (out of bronze or iron) during the cycle of the Civil War. 
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline lance

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
Lance,
I've been told that a watched pot never boils, so it may well be that this topic has run its course, that is, unless one of those books that you have provides evidence that the U.S. began manufacturing 12-pdr Coehorns (out of bronze or iron) during the cycle of the Civil War. 
Dog gone it, how can i sit back and watch, if you keep asking questions? The way i see it: this topic is "Coehorn Mortars" and there is lot's of them to talk about, so y'all could mention Baron van Menno Coehorn.
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »
so y'all could mention Baron van Menno Coehorn.

Ok, how's this? Menno van Coehoorn.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.